The Segal Company (Eastern States), Inc. Senior Compliance Consultant (Health) in New York, New York
About Segal Group (Segal):
For nearly 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a defined benefit and matching 401(k) retirement plans.
We seek a seasoned health benefits plan compliance practitioner who can step into consulting role involving a diverse client base. This will include leading and participating in projects addressing a wide-range of challenging and complex issues facing health benefits plans and collaborating with local and national compliance practice leadership and colleagues on thought leadership initiatives to introduce concepts and approaches to enhance the relevancy and competitiveness of our consulting services and capabilities.
The Senior Compliance Consultant will have significant interaction with clients to assist with the plan design and compliance aspects of health benefits plans identifying issues / problems in need of addressing and developing, recommending and implementing solutions that are creative, current and appropriately responsive to a dynamic regulatory environment. Projects may include:
- Conducting compliance reviews, technical-oriented compliance meetings with clients and presentations on trends and developments pertaining to legislative, regulatory and other technical-related issues in the health compliance industry;
- Drafting and reviewing participant explanatory material such as summary plan descriptions, announcement letters, summary of material modifications and Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs);
- Drafting/updating policies and procedures and administrative forms;
- Researching and drafting memos on technical issues;
- Educating and advising benefits consultants and clients on legislative and regulatory issues; and
- Participating in marketing and business-development activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity