Korn Ferry US Senior Consultant - Executive Pay & Governance - Remote in New York, New York
**Korn Ferry** is a global organizational consulting firm. We help clients synchronize strategy and talent to drive superior performance. We work with organizations to design their structures, roles, and responsibilities. We help them hire the right people to bring their strategy to life. And we advise them on how to reward, develop, and motivate their people.
Our 8, 600 colleagues serve clients in more than 50 countries. We offer five core solutions:
- **Organizational Strategy**
- **Assessment and Succession**
- **Talent Acquisition**
- **Leadership Development**
- **Rewards and Benefits**
Korn Ferry is seeking a Senior Consultant to work on project teams with more seasoned executive pay practitioners to deliver custom solutions that meet and exceed client expectations.
Senior Consultants are expected to be autonomous in developing and proposing client solutions or project plans internally and then overseeing projects once the project plan has been approved. Business development is still not a major accountability but there is an expectation that role holders will identify opportunities to extend or enhance a project and lead in those discussions.
- Deliver high quality work that meets expectations for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Manage large projects or a significant work-stream of a more complex program and/or support relationship development as part of an account. Typical projects are of several months or annual durations. Complete resource planning for projects, recognizing when additional resources and/or expertise is needed and managing their involvement in the project (e.g., project onboarding and briefing).
- Support the design or development of solutions for clients by working as part of a client or opportunity team and leveraging the insights gained through research and analytics, including peer group review / development, competitive pay assessments, incentive design, pay-for-performance assessments, realizable pay, proxy advisory voting guidelines, Say-on-Pay, etc.
- May be the lead consultant/account manager for smaller clients and manage client expectations and satisfaction. May interact with executives and / or board members of the client in the context of projects. Support senior Executive Pay & Governance colleagues on larger, more complex projects potentially leading some client facing aspects of the project in an area of expertise.
- Where time permits, contribute to winning profitable business by conducting background research, proposal writing, shaping opportunities, pitch preparation and opportunity spotting in clients.
- Participate in client planning. Lead parts of sales calls/presentations in own expertise area(s) and lead related proposal writing.
- Work with and coordinate activities with colleagues across teams. Manage peers and more junior resources on projects. Provide guidance and coaching to more junior colleagues.
- Continue to develop a strong internal brand with a network of KF colleagues to receive guidance, leverage resources, identify additional sources of project work, etc. Begin to broaden network across the KF enterprise.
- Proactively develop internal relationships outside of team/office including other knowledge experts.
- Capable of identifying opportunities for other KF practices and providing high level descriptions of these services to clients.
**EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS**
- Typically, a relevant higher (Master's) degree plus several (5 ) years' experience. Alternatively, many years' relevant work experience (e.g., in a professional services or consulting firm or within a human resources department, delivering human capital-related services, with a focus on executive compensation).
- Has established credentials in executive reward consulting; is able to operate independently to make custom adjustments to relatively standard offerings to meet client needs. Is able to lead core service line work activities.
- Developing expertise (depth and breadth) and consulting skills i.e., client relationships, commercial impact and business insights.
Korn Ferry is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/ Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you currently work for Korn Ferry or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Korn Ferry to use the Careers Site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with your HR contact for the new position concerning application eligibility, including any immigration/visa needs, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity