National Audubon Society Senior Coordinator, Talent Acquisition in New York, New York
**National Audubon Society**
**Senior Coordinator, Talent Acquisition**
**Job ID:** 2022-5145
**Type:** Regular, Full-Time
**\# of Openings:** 1
**Category:** Human Resources
National Audubon Society
The National Audubon Society is a nonprofit conservation organization that protects birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow. We work throughout the Americas using science, advocacy, education, and on-the-ground conservation. Audubon’s state, regional, national, and international programs, nature centers, and chapters have an unparalleled wingspan that reaches millions of people each year to inform, inspire, and unite diverse communities in conservation action. As a sentinel species, we recognize that the fate of birds is inextricably tied to the fate of us all.
Audubon has more than 700 staff working across the United States and seven countries in 17 state and regional offices, 41 nature centers, and 23 wildlife sanctuaries. Together as one Audubon, we aspire to alter the course of climate change and habitat loss, leading to healthier bird populations and reversing current trends in biodiversity loss.
Audubon is committed to a culture of workplace excellence, where our talented and diverse staff are deeply engaged, with a strong sense of belonging. The birds Audubon pledges to protect differ in color, size, behavior, geographical preference, and countless other ways. By honoring and celebrating the equally remarkable diversity of the human species, Audubon will bring new creativity, effectiveness, and leadership to our work throughout the hemisphere.
• Support recruitment team on all aspects of talent acquisition
o Efficiently arrange candidate interviews while ensuring an engaging candidate experience
o Assist TA team with sourcing resumes, including making recommendations
o Assist with intern/fellow, seasonal, and temporary staff recruitment, including conducting phone screens
o Request and check references
o Initiate, coordinate, follow-up, and execute the background check process for all new hires
• Utilize applicant tracking system to create job postings; identify and track resumes; and obtain candidate and new hire information.
• Ensure that approved positions are posted accurately internally and externally.
• Draft and ensure accuracy of candidate offer letters.
• Recommend new approaches and improvements to current processes and procedures to support an environment of continuous improvement.
• Maintain and generate weekly and ad hoc recruitment reports.
• Assist Senior Director, TA, with recruiting metrics, including collaborating with Manager, Data and Analytics, to generate metrics for dashboard and other HR storytelling tools.
• Monitor the organization’s recruiting slack channel, posting new jobs, responding to general queries and escalating more advanced concerns to Senior Director, TA.
• In collaboration with the TA team, identify and recommend improvements to current processes in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
• Provide strong customer service for TA program, including assisting with inquiries, issue resolutions, reports and system administration functions.
• Support the development of recruiting systems resources and process guides to ensure best practices are being followed.
• Partner with HR and other Audubon staff to ensure equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging (EDIB) principles are incorporated into recruiting practices.
• Partner with TA team to identify and coordinate recruiting events (career fairs, lunch and learns, info sessions, etc.) and other outreach activities with a focus on EDIB.
• Assist Senior Director with recruitment initiatives and other administrative tasks.
• Minimum three years of experience in HR, preferably supporting talent acquisition/recruitment teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field strongly preferred.
• Experience utilizing Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS); experience with iCIMS, Taleo, Workday, JazzHR, or Greenhouse strongly preferred. Knowledge of HR/recruitment policies and procedures
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills and careful attention to detail are a must.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills with a client-focused approach to work are a must.
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills, as well as the ability to maintain a team-focused attitude in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated experience working with all levels in an organization, from individual contributors to the executive leadership team.
• General understanding and experience with equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging principles strongly preferred.
• Self-starter with high energy, who possesses a sense of urgency and works well under pressure.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.