Salesforce.com, Inc Senior Design Researcher, Salesforce Ignite in New York, New York
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Ignite is a customer-facing innovation team within Salesforce. We use human-centered design methods alongside Salesforce’s world-class technology to help organizations accelerate growth and digital transformation. Our multi-disciplinary Ignite teams combine research, strategy and design to define new experiences for our customers. We then partner with technology and services experts inside and outside of Salesforce to turn these visions into reality.
We need your help. We’re looking for someone to join our research team who is passionate about understanding people and making a case for why what matters to people matters to business. We believe the best researchers are those who love solving problems in ways that serve our customers, Salesforce and society.
Our teams are currently working remotely, but we anticipate this position returning to on-site work in Chicago or New York in Summer 2021.
As an Ignite researcher, you will:
- Work with designers, strategists, technologists and account teams to conduct bespoke innovation projects
- Scope, plan and execute qualitative research on those projects to understand people across our customer’s ecosystem—from stakeholders and employees to consumers and partners
- Translate complex and ambiguous business strategy questions into human-centered learning objectives
- Clarify for your team and customer how research helps unlock digital transformation
- Guide and facilitate your team and customer through analysis and synthesis of research findings—testing and shaping insights through research; create descriptive and generative frameworks that chart a clear path forward
- Present clear, compelling visions to internal and external executives
- Develop relationships with customers and internal account teams, building trust and managing political dynamics
- Keep up-to-date on the capabilities of the Salesforce platform, as well as emerging and best-in-class user experiences
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience doing qualitative research and translating research into action
- Interest in working on many different types of projects—ranging in time and scope, from a few weeks to months, and from near-term solutions to ambitious transformation of a customer’s business
- Experience engaging senior executives, facilitating tough conversations and using your powers of persuasion to challenge orthodoxies when necessary
- Passion to learn about new customers and contexts—B2B and B2C—on projects and teams that push you to grow
- Creativity and comfort with ambiguity, exploration and iteration under pressure/deadlines
- Exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills, plus strong remote and in-person facilitation skills
- Ability to self-start, multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
Not coming from the research field per se, but believe your skills are transferable? We welcome candidates with various backgrounds and work experiences, as long as you can demonstrate the following:
- Experience translating qualitative and/or quantitative data into actionable insights
- Ability to think strategically about business problems, lead others through ambiguity and simplify complexity
- Affinity for working in collaborative environments
- Curiosity around a range of topics, and skill for telling human-centered stories
In lieu of a cover letter, please write a 1-paragraph answer to both of the following questions:
- We’re all living through a lot of change. Tell us how 2020 has impacted your outlook on research. Walk us through an example project. How did you approach it? What was the outcome? What would you do differently now, with hindsight?
- Tell us about a time when you ensured that research was inclusive and equitable. What impact did this have on the project, if any?
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
- Salesforce.com, Inc Jobs