Alvarez Marsal Holdings LLC Senior Director, Financial Services- Insurance in New York, New York
Job Title: Senior Director, Financial Services Advisory, Insurance
Location: Paris, France
Fluent French is a must!
This role sits within the Financial Industry Advisory Services (FIAS) practice at Alvarez and Marsal France. A& M FIAS revolves around three core areas of expertise; Performance Improvement, Bank Restructuring, and Regulatory Advisory. Financial institutions are facing a more and more challenging transformation agenda requiring a more disruptive approach regards to cost reduction.
A& M's FIAS professionals work on some of the world's most high-profile cases in a rapidly transforming financial institution landscape, striving for game-changing solutions that provide impactful long-term change. Our global team is comprised of seasoned bank executives from diverse backgrounds, former senior financial institution regulators & highly skilled consultants.
The Purpose of the role:
A& M Financial Services practice is looking to hire an accomplished Senior Director, specialized in the Insurance industry to advise our clients across a broad range of transformation, performance improvement, turnaround and restructuring mandates.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to use their deep Insurance industry experience to become involved and be an integral part of a 'hands-on' high-performance team. As a senior member of the team, you will work on a variety of pan-European assignments, leveraging your industry knowledge and experience supporting clients across a broad range of mission-critical situations.
It is expected that you will not only contribute and lead workstreams on large assignments, but also lead smaller projects, and in all cases leverage your financial services know-how and skillset in analyzing the status quo and developing sound solutions either from an external point of view or in collaborative settings with your client organization.
It is expected that you will work closely with Partners/Managing Directors and other staff members, taking on mentoring and coaching roles for more junior staff members aligned with the practices broader staff development strategy.
Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Acting as an executive team leader for PI services to the financial services industry;
- Supporting the development of a robust yet flexible plan to generate deal flow and generate sustained repeat business;
- Lead transformation programs that improve the business of today as well as enable the business of tomorrow;
- Coordinating with the broader European FIAS A& M team;
- Advise clients on problem areas recommending solutions and providing technical advice;
- Interpret regulation and present it in a clear and meaningful way around how this could impact strategy, revenue streams or wider business issues;
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in the clients' business and with professionals from leading financial institutions.
You will have insurance industry experience and/or a consulting background in the insurance industry, with an emphasis on Process Improvement. If you have a passion for tackling complex, the heart of the business issues, A& M will provide a challenging environment in which to apply and grow your skills.
- Relevant industry experience (at least 10 years) in insurance (life and non-life) and/or employee benefits from either a Top Tier strategy consultancy or directly from industry in a senior executive role;
- Proven track record of having had strong exposure to client-facing activities and be able to deal with top executives in complex and high-pressured situations;
- Strong experience in delivering critical initiatives and programs with a performance improvement, turnaround, or restructuring lens within the UK & European financial services industry;
- Excellent financial modeling (Excel) and presentation (Powerpoint) skills;
- Manage consultant teams and interactions with clients;
- Be an action-oriented self-starter with strong analytical skills and entrepreneurial flair;
- Demonstrate leadership to drive and deliver results;
- Be comfortable working independently as well as within a high performing team;
- Interpret client requirements and present them in a clear and meaningful way, including how this could impact strategy, revenue streams, or wider business issues;
- Strong project management capabilities, stakeholder management skills at senior levels;
- Strong ability to conceptualize, summarize, and provide key messages to clients and/or senior levels;
- Strong managerial skills, with the ability to distribute workload among team members;
- Native/fluent French and fluent English language skills are essential along with excellent writing skills;
- Willingness to travel regularly (mainly within Europe);
- Graduated from a leading "Grande Ecole" in Business and/or Engineering, or equivalent;
- EU citizenship or right to work in the EU.
- Additional relevant qualifications such as an MBA or MSc;
- A mix of hard and soft skills, drive and leadership, ability to generate impact, assertiveness;
- Excellent presentation (Powerpoint) skills;
- Robust analytical rigor;
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, & uncertain environment.
Why A& M?
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A& M) for leadership, action and results. A& M's leadership is about a bias towards action and the willingness to tell clients what we think is needed. Our restructuring heritage sharpens our ability to act decisively. Clients select us for our deep expertise and ability to create and deliver practical, rather than theoretical, solutions to their unique problems in addition to our objectivity.
Privately held since its founding in 1983, A& M is a leading global professional services firm that provides advisory, business performance improvement, and turnaround management services. When conventional approaches are not enough to create transformation and drive change, clients seek our deep expertise and ability to deliver practical solutions to their unique problems.
With over 4, 500 people across four continents, we deliver tangible results for corporates, boards, private equity firms, law firms, and government agencies facing complex challenges. Our senior leaders and their teams help companies act decisively, catapult growth and accelerate results. We are experienced operators, world-class consultants, former regulators and industry authorities with a shared commitment to telling clients what's really needed for turning change into a strategic business asset, managing risk and unlocking value at every stage of growth.
Diversity & Inclusion
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity