Alvarez & Marsal Tax, LLC Senior Director, Global Transaction Tax (Federal) in New York, New York
Senior Director, Global Transaction Tax (Federal)
A& M is a group of entrepreneurial, action and results-oriented professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and assisting them in reaching their potential. Our culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are why our people love working at A& M.
We provide tax, turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement, and corporate advisory services. Our tax practice is unique in that we offer the opportunity to work without audit conflict and truly act as a trusted business advisor. We provide our teams with opportunities and support to develop and cultivate careers that are most meaningful to them and reward them based on their achievements.
A & M's Global Transaction Tax team is composed of seasoned tax professionals experienced in providing practical tax advice to corporate and private equity buyers and sellers throughout the transaction life cycle. By utilizing an integrated approach with A& M professionals with deep operating and financial-related experience, the team uses a focused and tailored approach to rapidly identify and understand potential deal breakers, value drivers, and other areas of specific interest to our clients. Our professionals have significant experience on both the buy and sell side of transactions across all industries including healthcare, financial institutions, energy, environmental services, technology, and education.
What will you be doing?
As a member of the A& M Global Transaction Tax team, you will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations;
- Develop and deliver quality tax planning approaches with timely and responsive services and work product that meets and/or exceeds client expectations;
- Perform due diligence including review of tax returns, financials, and other tax documentation to evaluate potential tax risks and opportunities;
- Review and comment on tax aspects of financial models;
- Review and comment on tax aspects of purchase agreements;
- Coordinate with state and local and international tax team members, as well as financial and operational due diligence team members, to deliver highest quality integrated work product; and
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
How will you grow and be supported?
At A& M, we know our people drive our growth, and we're focused on providing an employee experience that supports professional and personal development. We provide our team with a robust performance development process which encourages continuous learning and development that rewards you for your contributions. We have the best technical and formalized on-the-job training and offer endless opportunities for professionals to acquire new skills. We also prioritize your well-being and provide personal tools and resources to support you through your personal journey. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being . Our Tax professionals consistently share that their favorite attributes of A& M are the growth opportunities, our unique, entrepreneurial culture and of course, the fun we have together. The possibilities are endless for high performing and passionate tax professionals. Click to learn more about why A& M is a great place work.
- CPA, JD (with bachelor's degree in accounting, preferred), Masters in Taxation, or LLM
- Experience in a mergers and acquisitions tax practice
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Strong writing, analytical, research, excel, and organizational skills
- Strong communication, presentation, project management, and business development skills
- Strong sense of personal motivation as well as the ability to work with a team
- Ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment
The salary range is $170, 000 - $225, 000 annually, dependent on several variables including but not limited to education, experience, skills, and geography. In addition, A& M offers a discretionary bonus program which is based on a number of factors, including individual and firm performance. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Minimum Salary: 0.00 Maximum Salary: 0.00 Salary Unit: Yearly