Authentic Brands Group Senior Director, International Marketing in New York, New York
Who We Are
Authentic Brands Group (ABG) is a brand development, marketing and entertainment company, which owns a portfolio of global media, entertainment and lifestyle brands. ABG elevates and builds the long-term value of more than 50 consumer brands and properties by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. We are committed to transforming brands by delivering compelling product, content, business and immersive experiences. We create and activate original marketing strategies to drive the success of our brands across all consumer touchpoints, platforms and emerging media.
You’ll be able to access the resources and scale, while leveraging innovative technology and nimble environment. What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to drive ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat. Our team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future of our brands. With the help of some of the brightest minds in retail, marketing, licensing, legal and more, we are building the intersection of digital and experiential marketing to help achieve that mission. We reimagine, evolve and transform brands!
What You’ll Do
The Senior Director of International Marketing will Collaborate with the SVP of Entertainment Marketing and the VP of International Marketing to create and execute digital and multi-tiered marketing campaigns for the Entertainment brands for the LATAM, EMEA & APAC regions.
What you’ll be working on
· Oversee the direction, implementation, and execution of brand and marketing initiatives in support of the brand vision and business goals
· Maintain the global brand integrity by sharing seasonal plans, assets, collaborations, and partnerships to help International partners successfully develop the brands around the world
· Support the development of local marketing campaigns with in-market teams to increase brand awareness and engagement
· Understand market needs to build unique and differentiated positioning and messaging that drive results while staying in-line with an overarching strategy for the Entertainment brands
· Collaborate closely with the Entertainment and Creative teams to ensure that the marketing aligns with the brand vision
· Identify and anticipate short and long-term business opportunities based on interpretation of macro consumer trends and competitive activity
· Develop, build, and manage our international brand presence; ensure brand consistency across all programs, communication channels, and partnerships
· Build blueprints for social media activations (including Weibo and WeChat in China), influencer and KOL initiatives, and branded content creation for Entertainment brands outside of the U.S.
· Research, analyze and report on all relevant competitive promotional marketing trends, deals, and partnerships
· Lead the Global Studio Services and cultivate relationships with production studios to generate revenue from global film and television costume sales
· Collaborate with PR team on Marketing and PR efforts, on behalf of the Entertainment brands and global studio services, to ensure alignment on larger PR stories.
· A Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Marketing, Communications, or related field and two (2) years of experience as Brand Marketer or related occupation.
· Experience with International brand/marketing management with prior experience in APAC and Southeast Asian markets
· In-depth understanding of social media and the digital landscape
· Experience with strategy, execution, and management of Weibo and WeChat accounts
· Experience influencing stakeholders and partners
· Influencer/KOL software: Winston, Cerebro, and Fohr
· Social media software/marketing platforms: SocialBakers, Social Rank, Social Blade, Meltwater, The next ad, UNUM, Bit.ly, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Linkedin, YouTube, Vimeo, Spotify, and Tik Tok
· China social media/marketing software: ParkLu, Weibo, WeChat, Whatsapp, Douyin, Xiao Hong Shu (Little red book), Hupu, and Neatease
· PR software: Muckrack, Launchmetrics/Fashion GPS, Squarespace, Constant Contact, and IMDB
· Content/editing software: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Boomerang, Kira Kira, Unfold, Facetune, and iMovie
· Communication/project management software: Trello, Dropbox, Concrete, Docusign, Wetransfer, Microsoft suite word, excel, powerpoint, keynote, Slack, Zoom, Ring Central, and Skype for Business.
· Infrequent travel to Los Angeles, CA required (less than 5%).
Authentic Brands group is an equal opportunity employer and we value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, national origin, disability, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities or religious obligations who would like to request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.