Alvarez & Marsal Holdings LLC Senior Director: Operations Group--Aerospace & Defense in New York, New York
**Alvarez & Marsal Private Equity Performance Improvement**
**Senior Director: Operations Group-Aerospace & Defense**
Alvarez & Marsal (A& M), a leading independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement, and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Private Equity Performance Improvement (PEPI) - Aerospace, Defense, Aviation & Space (ADAS) team in various locations throughout the U.S. With more than 6, 000 professionals based in more than 65 locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A& M's global Private Equity Performance Improvement Services (PEPI) practice focuses on serving middle market and large cap private equity firms to improve operating results at their portfolio companies. In addition to serving private equity clients and portfolio companies, the ADAS team also leverages its industry and functional expertise to serve corporate clients in the Aerospace, Defense, Aviation & Space sectors.
**Our PEPI services include:**
- Aerospace, Defense, Aviation & Space
- Rapid Results
- Interim Management
- M& A Services
- Supply Chain
- CFO Services
Alvarez & Marsal combines our heritage in taking on complex and challenging environments and situations with our experience in Aerospace, Defense, Aviation & Space to help create high performing teams and deliver results. Our seasoned industry experts are called on by the highest levels of the Pentagon and the largest acquisition programs in the history of the US Department of Defense (DoD), foreign governments, and partner nations. Senior executives, members of the boards of directors, operators of commercial aviation companies, suppliers, prime contractors, OEMs, and the broad and diverse multi-tier supplier networks across the global defense industrial base rely on our professionals to address the current market challenges with a keen eye toward unlocking value.
The industry has recently faced unprecedented challenges. Delivering results in the new global operating environment is not only a matter of operating performance improvement and shareholder value, but also a matter of financial solvency and national security. Our diverse, extended platform of experts includes ADAS industry leaders and functional SMEs in engineering, data science, finance, operations, and other areas, making A& M the partner of choice when a generic approach to problem solving is simply not enough. We bring a history of success working collaboratively with clients to take on the toughest short-term challenges and deliver long term sustainable results. The ADAS team takes holistic, cross-functional approaches that focus on quickly identifying high impact opportunities for EBITDA, cash management, and operational improvements across the entire organization. Our team is targeting high growth in the next 2-4 years. We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and building leadership skills. The ADAS leadership team is focused on providing career development, training, and exposure to international business assignments.
- Leading teams through time-sensitive projects by structuring a performance improvement plan and managing the process through to completion
- Synthesizing meaningful insights from data, facts, and discussions with clients
- Developing findings and making strategic recommendations
- Working with clients directly to implement strategic and operational recommendations
- Hands-on, relevant experience through consulting or industry projects in several of the following areas:
- Direct and indirect cost transparency
- Margin management, pricing, product rationalization
- Sales & marketing effectiveness, processes, incentives
- Sales and operations planning
- Sourcing and global supply chain
- Operations management and productivity improvement
- Manufacturing experience in fabrication or assembly environments
- Footprint optimization
- Emerging technologies in engineering and manufacturing
- ERP and IT/OT ecosystems
- Human capital / organizational structure design and effectiveness
- Process improvement
- SG& A cost reduction
- Management Operating Systems
- Change Management
- Working capital and cash management
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
- Sharp data analytics skills (data science, business intelligence, data visualization, etc.)
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Structured project management (time, team, and workstream management)
- Initiative, drive, and critical thinking skills
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for developing new skillsets
- Entrepreneurial mindset and excited to develop new capabilities and client relationships
- Ability to deliver results on-time and on-quality under time pressure
- Flexible, creative thinking
- **U.S. Citizenship required due to client requirements for some of our work related to Aerospace & Defense**
- 15 years of relevant work experience
- Flexibility to travel up to 80% of the time
- Previous professional consulting / operations experience with a recognized strategy consulting firm or Aerospace, Defense, Aviation, or Space related firm preferred
- Depth in Aerospace, Defense, Aviation, or Space preferred
- Experience with go-to market strategy and business development preferred
- Recent project leadership experiences
- Experience working with PE and/or PE relationships a PLUS (personal or professional), especially related to Aerospace, Defense, Aviation & Space
**Diversity & Inclusion**
A& M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A& M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A& M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A& M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
**Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters**
Please note that as per A& M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A& M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity