College Boardis conducting a search for a Senior Engineer within ourTechnologydivision**.**This position is based in our Reston, Virginia office OR via Remote work arrangement.
**About the Role**
The Senior Engineer will join a teamfocused ondelivering innovative solutionsleveraging the latest cloud technologies. They will have an opportunity to design services and patterns that will be adopted across the College Board enterprise.
Successful candidates will have a comprehensive knowledge of web front-end and back-end development tools, technologies, practices, and standards; proven ability to integrate large scale systems; and a track record of delivering high-quality solutions.Candidates with a desire to leverage emerging, innovative technologies and approaches are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Senior Engineer will join a team focused on delivering mission-aligned solutions that ensure equity and access to higher education opportunities for all students.
**Responsibilities of the role**
As a Senior Software Engineer, the ideal candidate will have strong information analysis, testing, and AWS technical skills. The candidate will work with key business stakeholders and Technology staff to support the organization's numerous platforms.
- Gather requirements, design, test,and documentcomplex technical software solutions**.**
- Guide developmentlife-cycleof full-stack solutions andoverseecontinuous delivery frameworkimprovements.
- Manage software developmentand data managementefforts.
- Perform system quality assurance testing, automation, and test development in the areas of performance, stress, and usability.
- Identify data dependencies and/or relationships, create data flow and system activity diagrams, and write specifications for managing enterprise information.
- Develop automation frameworkandregression test cases for microservices.
**Qualifications needed for the role**
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- 7-10 plus years of experience in requirements analysis, quality assurance, software systems, and database development.
- Demonstrated experience with full-stack development using AWS technologies.
- Experience withReact, Node.js, andAWS Lambda, Angular, CDK, SNS/SQS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, RDS, and DynamoDB.
- Strong ability to explain advanced technical concepts to database developers, architects, and non-technical end-users.
- Experience in data extraction and analysis utilizing available AWS Cloud applications.
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into technical specifications.
**Preferred skills for the role**
- Expertise in understanding and writing node.js andReact.
- Mastery of data management concepts and best practices.
- Ability to become an SME in College Board data.
- Fluency with CI/CD toolsets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with continuous development and deployments.
- Agile mindset and familiar with Scrum.