Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Instructional Designer in New York, New York
SENIOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less® ("Ross"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd’s DISCOUNTS® locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company’s merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
- A career that fits you
- Amazing culture and people
- Big company with a family feeling
- Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
About this job:
The Senior Instructional Designer role will provide instructional design and development expertise and consultation in support of the Merchandising division for Ross Stores Inc. The ideal candidate will be able to partner with learning and business leaders to build out effective learning solutions to support the continued growth of both functional and leadership capability.
- Instructional Design: Design develop, implement and manage targeted learning programs and initiatives to support employee development efforts using best practices in adult learning theory and instructional design.
- Communication: Create L&D marketing and communication materials. Work with GVP and VP to drive effective processes and systems to manage learning functionality
- LMS Management: Customize and manage new Learning Management System to invite, manage, assess and provide follow-up learning opportunities for associates
- Evaluation: Assess overall impact and effectiveness of learning programs
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred; certifications or advance degree a plus
- 3-5 years of varied, progressive instructional design experience focused on instructor-led, self-paced, computer-based, digital and blended learning
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Expertise in adult learning theory, performance improvement, leadership development, eLearning and evolving trends in learning and organization development
- Proficiency in needs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of learning programs
- Experience with varied instructional design software, video, micro-learning, graphic and/or web design, animation/motion graphics preferred.
- Background in LMS administration and/or implementation
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with evaluation of learning programs
- Experience working with an LMS and using the technology to increase effectiveness and efficiency of L&D function
- Proficient in using the Adobe e-Learning Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Publisher, Sound booth/Audition, Storyline, Captivate) or other similar programs
- Strong technical problem solving skills and attention to detail