Amazon Corporate LLC Senior Manager, Billing Operations in New York, New York
AWS is seeking a seasoned finance operations leader and builder for its Private Pricing Billing team. The Senior Manager, Billing Operations will lead our processes to implement our private pricing contracts for customer bills and internal financial/accounting reporting, and will be responsible for ensuring we accurately bill our largest enterprise customers.
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving and experience leading global teams performing complex financial operations processes. You'll need clear communication and the ability to prioritize as you build processes at scale. You will be comfortable with accounting principles, working with giant data sets, process design, and lean/six sigma/kaizen methodology for process improvement. A critical factor for success is the ability to manage deep levels of complexity, distill this into easily understood and actionable steps, and deliver results within an aggressive timeline. You must be great at communicating complex issues simply and to any audience. You will thrive in a rapid growth environment that's filled with ambiguity.
The Senior Manager, Billing Operations will have five key responsibilities:
* Lead a large, global team to operationalize private pricing discounts and deliver accurate, timely bills to enterprise customers
* Design the manual and automated processes to implement the components of our contracts that affect customer bills and AWS's financial reporting, and ensure those processes have the right controllership/compliance checkpoints
* Build mechanisms to inspect those processes
* Drive process efficiency and automation to ensure the team can scale with the business
* Build processes to provide distinctive customer support when our largest customers have billing questions
AWS Billing is one of the pillars within AWS Commerce Platform, a set of services that AWS customers use to access, organize, understand, control, and optimize their cloud infrastructure and spend. Commerce Platform provides granular usage data, computes charges, issues invoices, provides mechanisms for customers to settle those charges, protects AWS and its customers from fraudulent usage, and tracks all this information for the company's benefit in the Data Warehouse. The Private Pricing Program is a fast growing global organization that drives the AWS business by creating long term strategic relationships with our customers to grow their use of AWS services. It sits at the intersection of AWS Platform, Services, Sales, and Legal teams, and interacts with our most strategic customers.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in other finance/operations field required
* 10+ years of leading finance operations teams in a high-growth, technology or financial services company
* Experience implementing leading-edge digital technologies to support financial processes or transactions.
* Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; bias for action
* Verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
* Experience rapidly growing an organization and attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.