Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Manager, Data Governance in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Sr. Manager, Data Governance
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,900 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as seven state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2021 revenues of $18.9 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Master Data Office is a new enterprise team at Ross transforming how data drives business value. Master data at Ross is the core reference data around which business is conducted (e.g. supplier master list, product hierarchy etc.). There are 5 key domains (product, item, supplier, org, location) of master data.
Master Data Domain and Team
Manage all operational (data & request management) responsibilities. Key duties include managing a team and processes around master data requests (entry, review and approvals) through workflows in multiple applications including MDM tool, Excel, reporting tools etc.
- Managing business requests efficiently to ensure that they are implemented timely and according to set data governance standards and processes.
- Managing Master Data Management Tools including MDM application, related enhancements/upgrades and excel databases etc.
- Managing data projects key to operational duties including periodic data scrubbing (cleansing), enrichment (updates) and audits to ensure data integrity
- Managing both internal and external process, tool and data Audits
- Managing the team and their development, includes defining clear goals and expectation, mentoring and motivating people
Who you are...
- You have a Bachelor or MBA Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- You have 7-10 years of experience preferably in Retail (preferred), IT or consulting field, with strong process, data, and systems understanding
- You have prior Data Governance and Administration experience or exposure, preferred
- You have outstanding analytical ability: Must have a data driven approach to solving problems. Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to structure problems.
- You have the ability to orchestrate change
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.