Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Manager of Strategy, Product Sourcing & Services Strategy in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Senior Manager of Strategy, Product Sourcing & Services Strategy
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity:
The Senior Manager, Product Sourcing & Services Strategy will be responsible for leading various project workstreams and analyses related to the growth and operationalization of Product Sourcing and Services. PSS is a new group within Ross that helps Merchants execute new product strategies in a changing retail environment. The PSS Strategy team is responsible for helping stand up this new function and set the 3-5 year direction. They will be an integral part of the PSS business, interacting frequently with operators, functional leaders and other cross-functional teams.
The PSS Strategy Senior Manager will report to a VP of PSS Strategy. The PSS Strategy Senior Manager should expect to interact frequently with key functions both within PSS (e.g., Sourcing, Direct Import Operations, Technical Services) and the broader organization (e.g., Merchandising, HR, Finance).
- Analyze business problems and develop insights into root causes and improvement opportunities. Build consensus for implementing improvements.
- Create and execute plans to gather data and develop practical solutions through qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Understand the off-price business model and diagnose key business problems with an eye toward what is "right" as far as process, quality, time spend, in the off-price model.
- Effectively translate project analysis/insights and into executive ready communications.
- Present materials and lead discussions with executives for data gathering and solution development.
Perform practical, action oriented, & comprehensive data analysis in support of Strategic business initiatives.
Coordinate and execute analysis - including pulling data, building models and analyzing financial, operational or statistical data - to support key strategic priorities for the Company (working in conjunction with PSS team members and other key senior executives).
- Develop compelling materials to communicate results of analysis and key insights internally and externally (e.g., Board meetings, Buyer meetings, Operating Committee meetings, Strategic off-sites, etc.)
- Support key PSS Strategy initiatives.
- Conduct analysis - including pulling data, building models and analyzing financial, operational or statistical data - to support key strategic priorities.
- Interview and connect with cross-functional partners to gather information and summarize / communicate findings and recommendations as required to support PSS Strategy initiatives.
Who you are:
- You have a college degree and MBA, preferably with 2-3 years post MBA experience in an analytical environment. Consulting firm or corporate strategy role experience preferred.
- You have excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with various levels within organization including Merchant and support organizations.
- You have outstanding analytical ability: Must have a data driven approach to solving problems. Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to structure problems.
- You have project management experience: Must be able to set priorities between multiple projects and deadlines, and keep manager updated frequently.
- You have a detail-oriented approach: Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right.
- You have strong teamwork/Communication: Needs to be able to build effective working relationships within and outside the PSS Strategy team.
- You have strong fundamental business skills: must be Excel and PowerPoint proficient.
- You have a clear understanding of basic financial, statistical, and economic concepts.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team:
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.