Dewberry Senior Mechanical Project Manager: in New York, New York
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Senior Mechanical Project Manager:
Dewberry is currently seeking to empower a seasoned Mechanical Engineer to act as a Senior Project Manager for private and public clients in New York City. The intent is to make a sizeable investment to hire this person, form a group around him/her to support their practice and for this group to function successfully within a larger dynamic facilities engineering team.
This individual will deliver projects in a fast growing MEP department. The candidate will be responsible for the technical design and management of complex, multidisciplinary MEP projects that have a construction value of $2MM-$75MM. Candidates should have at least 10 years of experience. Technical duties will include mechanical/HVAC engineering design, energy modeling using various software (Such as eQuest) , supervise staff engineers and CAD drafters using AutoCAD and building information modeling (BIM) using Revit, drawing production, specification writing, discipline coordination between the various trades, shop drawing and submittal reviews, construction site reviews, and code reviews for MEP systems for various projects. Candidates must be professionally licensed in New York State. Assistance with developing proposals and participating in presentations would be expected as well.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
* Project Management experience delivering complex MEP jobs possessing at least a basic knowledge of all disciplines.
* Private and public sector client relationships preferred.
* 10-15 years of experience with MEP projects, especially mechanical and HVAC system design. More experience is preferred.
* Experience interfacing with architects and other clients, and sub-consultants.
* Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
* Experience designing mechanical and HVAC systems for buildings that are produced in Revit MEP and AutoCAD.
* Experience in the design of Central Utilities projects including Boiler Plants and Chiller Plants, Cogeneration experience is a plus.
* Experience managing private and public sector projects.
* Attend meetings, conduct site visits and field inspections of mechanical and HVAC systems.
* Prepare mechanical and HVAC engineering calculations, reports, construction drawings and specifications.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering
* Must be a licensed PE in NYS.
* Valid Driver s License is required.
* PMP certification is not required but preferred.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Employer's Job# 6929
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.