EY Senior - National Tax - Accounting & Compliance Reporting (ACR) in New York, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. Our Accounting Compliance & Reporting (ACR) practice operates within NTD, focusing on helping clients effectively manage global bookkeeping and finance compliance obligations proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries where EY provides ACR services. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their global finance operations. We believe that by managing clients’ finance functions, we can make a critical difference and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local statutory reporting and bookkeeping experience with standard global compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the finance function across the entire record-to-report process. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals (including the firm’s most senior talent), you’ll be a trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our stakeholders - and play a critical role in building a better working world. Sound interesting? Well, this is just the beginning — because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
ACR assists in design, implementation and operation of global record-to-report processes. Our capabilities include implementation of centrally managed global outsourcing/cosourcing models that provide clients with greater control and visibility over global accounting compliance and reporting activities, access to global team members with finance expertise, and development of new operating models to address new markets. You’ll assist in validation and governance of global finance operations utilizing one global methodology to track the end-to-end process, and provide subsidiary governance throughout legal-entity life cycle to mitigate risk and increase corporate transparency. As a Senior, you’ll work on engagements that span 100+ countries with local teams of 300+ people.
Skills and attributes for success
• Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations including Daily contact with EY local ACR teams to ensure contracted services are delivered on time and accurately the first time
• Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products and responding to queries from clients and internal stakeholders on a timely manner
• Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client businesses
• Help develop and guide staff and other junior professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals
• Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on global trends, developments and regulations and applying them to moderately complex situations and undertaking non-routine, complex project-type work as requested by clients
• Exhibit competency in technology by maintaining complex sets of data, reviewing data analytics and analyzing trends including the collection of data as per agreed financial statement close timelines and other requirements
• Ensure the statutory reporting and bookkeeping processes/procedures documentation is relevant, up-to-date and is used at all times
• Take ownership of tasks and make decisions and resolve issues including the escalation of client and internal partner issues while having a strong ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide ACR services; challenging traditional procedures used in the past; and attempting to find new approaches and process improvement opportunities
• Help build the practice by assisting with the scoping of new opportunities and proposal development, as well as participating in oral presentations
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or a related field
• CPA or Enrolled Agent certification or progress toward certification
• Knowledge of global statutory reporting and/or bookkeeping, preferably with experience across multiple countries
• Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to details
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and IT concepts
• Ability to travel 50-60%
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Client-facing exposure in a global role
What we look for
We are seeking to identify high-potential professionals to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs