EY Senior - National Tax - Tax Technology & Transformation - SAP Tax Integration - OPEN LOCATION in New York, New York
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NEW YORK, BOSTON, PHILADELPHIA, WASHINGTON DC, CHICAGO, MINNEAPOLIS, ATLANTA, DALLAS, HOUSTON, SAN FRANCISCO, LOS ANGELES
Tax Technology and Transformation offers services to companies in response to the impact of existing and emerging technology, including the growing data burden that many businesses face, driving efficiencies to create a cost-effective tax function and the understanding of how to make data an asset. The underlying objective of the combined offerings is to help businesses navigate the digital age of tax transparency alongside new trends in tax compliance and tax audit methods, as well as helping resolve the most pressing challenges that businesses face. Tax Technology and Transformation comprises the following services:
• Digital tax transformation
• SAP tax integration
• Tax applications as a service
• Tax data and improvement
• Tax analytics and reporting enhancements
• Emerging tax technology, including robotic process automation, artificial intelligence, blockchain, cloud solutions, data lake development and business intelligence innovation
• Tax technology program mobilization
• Custom tax technology application development and deployment
• Tax technology strategy and road maps
• Direct and indirect tax systems implementation and configuration
• Post-transaction (M&A) tax function operational services
• Tax operating model transformation, including process improvements, risk and controls
• Tax function assessments
Finance and tax transformation, along with SAP, make up one of the biggest opportunities for our clients to improve the tax function, and represent an area that has seen plenty of recent growth and investment – which you will see reflected in your career. It is no exaggeration to say that you’ll be working on highly publicized projects. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies are created, and this is your opportunity to be part of those developments.
You will be working on large finance and tax transformations, helping our clients leverage SAP to improve the tax function by supporting and automating internal and external operations of multinational tax departments. This is a highly regulated industry, so it is all about maintaining our reputation as trusted advisors by taking on bold initiatives and owning new challenges.
Skills and attributes for success include
• Having an ability to understand key tax processes and translate those requirements into SAP
• Working collaboratively with cross-functional tax, advisory and assurance teams
• Providing input into thought leadership
• Delivering quality work in alignment with key business metrics
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a master’s degree in Accounting, Tax Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
• A minimum of three years of related experience
• A CPA license or membership in a state bar or approved technical certification
• A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
• Excellent communication and business writing skills
• A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving business skills
• A demonstrated ability to successfully sell and deliver large enterprise programs
• A broad understanding of tax accounting and major tax processes
Ideally, you will also have at least one of the following
• Experience implementing third-party direct or indirect tax systems (such as ONESOURCE, Corptax, Vertex, Avalara, Longview, etc.)
• Experience defining data and reporting needs for a tax department
• Enterprise resource planning (ERP) experience, including SAP or Oracle
• Experience managing large, multidisciplinary projects that impact tax (e.g., ERP implementations, tax co-sourcing engagements, finance transformations)
What we look for
We are looking for technical professionals with an excellent general knowledge of both international and domestic tax. You will need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision, so if you are ready to use those skills to develop our team, this role is for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs