Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Operational Analyst, Master Data Office in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Senior Operational Analyst, Master Data Office
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Master Data Office is a new enterprise team at Ross defining how data can better serve the business. With the support of the Lead, the Business Analyst will work to identify key opportunities for improvements.
This role will support the MDO vision to be the central point of contact for all master data needs within a certain data domain (i.e. supplier or product hierarchy). Partnering with both their direct supervisor (Lead) and department Manager, the Business Analyst will ensure that all requests are prioritized, addressed and resolved in a timely manner. The role is responsible for:
- Managing Supplier data in the MDM system (data management includes review, entry, audit) while working directly with business areas and partner departments.
- Working on assignments (data review and entry in workflows), projects and problems of limited to medium scope in partnership with project or department leadership.
- Partnering with their Supervisor, the role will ensure that all requests are prioritized, addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Continually build on content knowledge for data management and processes
- Provide governance documentation or process documentation
- Analysis of data; or to provide business insights via metrics or training
SME and Point of Contact for Business
- As point of contact for multiple business departments across the organization, the Business Analyst will be playing an important role to support multiple business units, address regular requests, and troubleshoot issues
- Analyze data to troubleshoot or provide data insights and business visibility
- Become the subject matter expert for Supplier Master's business use
- Ensure that existing governance and process documents are up to date based on changes in requirements or business needs
- Create and maintain a library of all training materials and guides
- Manage workflow and requests in a Master Data Management Tool. Execute on all (change) requests from business effectively to ensure that they are implemented according to set data governance standards and processes.
- Identify and provide recommendations on ways to service the business better
Compliance and Adoption
- Verify all Master Data Management processes around data governance are followed
- Play an integral role in escalating requests that do not comply with the governance set by MDO
- Be Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Ross specific data management and processes
- Build deep content knowledge around how the business end-users use this foundational data to run the business
Who you are...
- You have a Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, (preferably in Retail or in an IT field), with strong process, data, and systems understanding
- You have prior Data Governance and Administration experience or exposure, preferred
- You have thorough knowledge of business process documentation that includes prior experience with documenting Merchandising, IT or Finance workflows, processes and requirements
- You have the ability to work with both business (non-technical) and IT (technical) with ability to communicate/translate requirements easily and effectively between all parties
- You have a strong understanding of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- You have the ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects or requests forward
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have the ability to follow established practices, policies and procedures
- You have strong communication skills
- You have the ability to build working relationships and bring about cooperation from leadership and working teams
- You have the ability to adjust with changing work environments, priorities and goals
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.