Penguin Random House LLC Senior Publicist, Random House Children's Books in New York, New York
Senior Publicist, Random House Children's Books Random House Children's Books seeks an enthusiastic and book passionate Senior Publicist to join its Publicity team. This person will oversee their own publicity campaigns for authors and illustrators of picture books, middle-grade and YA novels, as well as possible brand programs; and will also support senior members of the team on high-profile campaigns. The person in this role will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with authors and illustrators; pitching and securing media across a variety of trade and consumer outlets; as well as executing national multi-city author tours, booking both in-store events, school appearances, and festival opportunities. A must have for this role is a knowledge of and interest in the media landscape, as well as growing relationships with book reviewers, magazine editors and bloggers. This person will meet with top media contacts to promote our list for possible coverage seasonally. In addition, this person must be social media savvy in book publicity. Internally, the role will interact closely with Marketing, Sales and Editorial teams, and externally the role will entail working hand-in-hand with authors/illustrators, booksellers, and reviewers.
Requirements: We are looking for someone with high energy and enthusiasm for children's books, and who can conceptualize creative out-of-the-box ideas for securing coverage for our authors/illustrators and brands. Additionally,
• 4-5 years of relevant experience.
• Experience and/or interest in Children's publishing is preferred
• Regular domestic travel to support various author appearances including National Tours, Festival Opportunities, Special Events, and Conferences.
• Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and time-management skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle confidential information with discretion.
• High sense of urgency and ability to problem-solve calmly in emergency situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including: Outlook, Word, Excel.
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs