Penguin Random House LLC Senior Publicist/Publicity Manager, Putnam in New York, New York
Putnam Books is seeking a Senior Publicist or a Publicity Manager to join their talented team. This role will work independently on titles, as well as partner with senior staff members on major author campaigns, will bring strong media relationships with them and be one of the faces of Putnam proactively meeting with media and booksellers to help launch our books season after season.
Founded in 1838, the history of Putnam is nearly as long as that of our country – and also as varied. The world is very different than it was in 1838 and the imprint is too, though many core values live on – an attendance to quality, honoring our authors, service to readers, and of course a yen to create bestsellers. Putnam continues to hold industry dominance with an average of 30 to 35 New York Times bestsellers per year, applying aggressive publicity, marketing and sales acumen as it publishes established brands and new discoveries, and continues to be one of the most respected and prestigious imprints in the industry.
Putnam’s illustrious roster of bestselling fiction and prize-winning authors include Cristina Alger, Ace Atkins, Chloe Benjamin, Eleanor Brown, C.J. Box, Tom Clancy, Robin Cook, Robert Crais, Clive Cussler, Jeffrey Deaver, Lyndsay Faye, Frederick Forsyth, Karen Joy Fowler, Sue Grafton, Jan Karon, John Kenney, Philip Kerr, David Joy, Delia Owens, Robert B. Parker, Nick Petrie, Kiley Reid, John Sandford, Lisa Scottoline, Kathryn Stockett, MO Walsh, and Stuart Woods. Among its distinguished nonfiction authors are Sophia Amoruso, Cathy Guisewite, Spencer Johnson, Hoda Kotb, Bobby Orr, Dolly Parton and Eve Rodsky.
Current and recent successes include the bestselling title of all of 2019: Delia Owens’ Where the Crawdads Sing, as well as the phenomenal debut Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid, The TODAY Show’s Hoda Kotb and her inspirational bestseller, I Really Needed This Today, and Eve Rodsky’s game-changing system, Fair Play.
• Develop publicity strategies and implement successful campaigns for a diverse list of titles, including bestselling franchise authors, as well as debut and discovery fiction and non-fiction.
• Oversee all aspects of campaigns, including media, review coverage and book tours as well as pre-publication media and bookseller events.
• Help authors understand the forward process of book publicity and promotion.
• Leverage traditional and digital media to drive awareness.
• Have existing media relationships and create content and mailings to media contacts.
• Maintain publicity lists/contacts.
• Oversee a shared department assistant.
• Minimum of 4 years of publicity experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate appropriately across all levels and divisions of the company as well as with external parties
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Creative, innovative and resourceful approach to publicity and possess excellent knowledge of diverse media outlets
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
• Previous experience overseeing a junior colleague a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: New York City: NEW YORK Postal Code: 10019 Job ID: 61204
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs