Informatica LLC Senior Solutions Consultant - Financial Services in New York, New York
The Senior PreSales Solutions Consultant, Financial Services, provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. This is a field pre-sales role that requires travel to customer locations up to, and may exceed, 50% of the time, based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Account Manager to qualify and do discovery around sales opportunities, to influence and develop sales account strategy, and to position technology around competitive threats and alternatives.
- Engages with customers and prospects to demonstrate our solutions and products, effectively communicate the key core value proposition and key differentiators, and to confirm Informatica technical viability for the opportunity
- Collaborates with Account Manager to complete Technical aspects of RFIs and RFPs, identifies competitive landscape, expected competitive behavior, and known competitive preferences.
- As the owner of the technical sales process, owns and manages the development, delivery and/or orchestration of technical activities driving toward technical validation, technical selection and technical closure with the customer (technical presentations, POCs, demos)
- Collaborates with Implementation Team and Customer Success to ensure proper handoff from Sales to Implementation Provider (Partner/IPS) or Success Managers.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. contact information, opportunity details, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Attends and completes in person, on demand, and online enablement for Sales and/or Presales as needed.
- Routinely explains and sells the technical aspects of the solution to customers up to and including large global institutions, including Informaticas most complex accounts.
- At this level, the incumbent may contribute feedback, materials, information that improves the quality of the SC community, contribute to Regional Sales and/or Presales specific programs, and mentor lesser scoped/experienced SC staff.
Knowledge & Skills
- Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization who resolves wide ranges of issues in creative ways.
- Demonstrated experience using industry knowledge and understanding of a customers decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Thorough understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Enthusiastic self-starter and leads and compels others to get on board.
- Builds consultative effectiveness and establishes trust with internal and external customers.
- Technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, Big Data, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity