GlobalFoundries Senior Technician Facilities - Waste Management in New York, New York
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for a skilled Technician to work for the facilities
organization in the waste management operations department. Tasks will include but are not limited to the continuous operation and maintenance of the following programs / areas: All recycling programs, waste management, bulk chemical transfer and storage, and other systems that support manufacturing and site tenants. This technician will be responsible for proper systems operations including database controls, regulatory adherence and generation of labels. Primary work activities will be related to running and maintaining the warehouse for wastes and recycles. Perform daily regulatory tank
inspections. Technicians must be able to work in a team environment with a focus on customer satisfaction and regulatory compliance. Strong communication skills and problem-solving abilities are important, and a background in chemical handling are helpful. Must be able to operate power vehicles and ensure all safety training is taken and adhered to.
- Position is for day shift with occasional weekend coverage. Overtime may be required. Emergency call-ins are a possibility.
- The ability to operate power vehicles equipment; fork-lifts, powered hand jacks, etc.
- Utilize the computer to document and communicate system status and issues.
- Use of all database systems, including accurate documentation for state / federal / regulatory requirements and adherence of.
- Familiarity with and utilization of tools and practices to ensure continuous improvement.
- Working in different areas and the ability to handle chemicals while using proper equipment safely including PPE. Working in a warehouse environment and some outside work in all seasons 25% or more.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and teamwork are required.
- Ability to work in different environment; sitting, standing, bending, lifting, etc.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs. Schedule waste loads and prepare needed shipping papers.
- Adherence to all regulatory requirements, NYSDEC, DOT, RCRA, etc.
- Education: High School or graduate from a Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Engineering, or a related discipline. Experience: 4 years of relevant experience or Waste Management experience Must be able to perform shift work on a 8 hour schedule Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.