Amazon Corporate LLC Senior/Lead UX Designer, Stores in New York, New York
We are looking for a Senior/Lead UX Designer to lead design for Stores: a self-service tool that empowers brands of all sizes to tell their story, showcase their products, and connect with new customers. In this role, you will create new features/tools/experiences for brand-owners, while ensuring these tools output good shopper experiences-globally and at scale
At Amazon we put our customer's first in everything we do - including our advertising programs. As part of the Advertising User Experience (AUX) team, you'll be involved in all aspects of product development from brainstorming the next innovation to working collaboratively with user research, engineering, product management to bring it to life. You will utilize a full range of skills including, wire framing, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design to bring these experiences to life. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of shoppers, advertisers, and brand-owners alike.
* Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, data, customer feedback, user research and technical constraints/opportunities.
* Quickly and thoroughly create shopper flows, wireframes, design mockups, and prototypes to effectively conceptualize new product initiatives.
* Relentlessly simplify and distill complex processes into intuitive and elegant UI tools.
* Partner closely with other product teams across Amazon Advertising in building large-scale solutions that drive brand/shopper engagement.
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface patterns and specifications-working closely with developers to see your design through to deployment.
* Communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
* Mentor junior talent.
We are looking for a seasoned user experience designer that loves learning, and is passionate about conceiving experiences in the abstract and then driving that vision into solid design deliverables such as complex workflows, wireframes, user interface designs, interaction models, and prototypes. You think first from the customers - both shoppers and brand owners - perspective and set high standards for yourself and the team in developing advertising tools that help them achieve their marketing goals. You have a proven track record of delivering results, the ability to set and manage to expectations, ruthlessly prioritize, and operate in a complex and ambiguous environment.
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're worried about technology and experience requirements? Don't be - we're looking for smart, passionate, UX Designers; if you're the right candidate, we're flexible.
* 6+ years of design experience
* An available online portfolio
* Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related fields.
* A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results.
* Ability to create interactive experiences with prototyping software or by hand.
* Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering. (working directly with developers for implementation of designs)
* Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age