Soho House & Co. Server- (Seasonal) - SHNY in New York, New York
Responsible for maintaining a comfortable atmosphere, high level of service. To assist with all aspects of service during the shift and in preparation of it, to ensure the highest standards of quality in food and drink are served. Supporting the management team as needed.
Greets all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness.
Serves alcoholic beverages in an appropriate manner consistent with company standards and state and federal regulations.
Answers guest questions about food, beverages, and our facilities accurately and in a friendly manner.
Does side work during non-busy hours.
Speaks to guests with enthusiasm at all times.
Attend to members and guests during their entire dining/drinking experience.
Provides the highest level of service in accordance with our standards.
Identifies food orders when ready and delivers items to tables in a timely manner.
Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
Communicates with food and beverage staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, well groomed, and ready to be in position.
Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers.
Follows checklists and standard operating procedures.
Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
Provide table maintenance and bussing.
Maintains full knowledge of menus, drinks, recipes, and other pertinent information.
Constantly increasing knowledge of food, beverages, and other products and services.
Ensures that guests have a positive and memorable experience at Soho House.
Responsible for constant sanitation, organization, and proper food handling.
Prepares work area for opening, mid-shift, or closing in accordance with company standards.
Responsible for keeping track of money from checks and proper cash handling.
Clocks in for work in full uniform, ready to work, and no earlier than 7 (seven) minutes prior to shift.
Run room service for all hotel rooms according to the standards of Soho House.
Complete all check out reports at the end of each shift and have it double checked and signed by management.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Reset tables according to specifications of restaurant, drawing room, bar or roof.
Set up and break down dining room, bar area, drawing room and/or roof for each shift.
Bus tables after service as needed.
Restock and polish silverware, plates and/or glassware as needed.
Run food as needed.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and holidays as required.
· Must be able to demonstrate competency as outlined in the training schedule.
· Must be hospitable, respectful towards colleagues and guests.
· Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
· A good grasp English language and professional communications skills are required.
· Ability to take direction.
· Ability to work in a team environment and must be a team player.
· Ability to work calmly, quickly and effectively under pressure.
· Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
· Must be able to make periodical fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the property to others.
· Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 20 pounds.
· Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb is required.
· Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, cleaning, and stooping.
· Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for long periods of time.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
Career Development: Soho House can progress your career internationally.
Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.