The Jewish Board Social Worker in New York, New York
The Ittleson Community Residence (Bronx, NY) provides family, educational, and mental health programming for children ages 8-15 years old who are struggling with emotional disturbances. Our Ittleson Homes provides a family-like environment with a less restrictive level of care, where residents can benefit from an enhanced level of interaction and function within the community.
Ittleson House is currently seeking a Social Worker to provide clinical intervention to residents, as part of a therapeutic team. The Social Worker will work closely with the divisions' medical, psychiatric, and psychology staff to ensure the appropriate treatment interventions for the client(s). This is a Full Time, Unionized role in the Bronx.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Preparing integrative treatment plans; Conducting meetings to ensure proper treat ment/progress, and coordination of goals
* Coordinating all services for clients, including day programs, medical care, transportation, summer camps/summer programs, recreational activities, and community inclusions
* Providing family counseling; Liaising between agency and consumer’s family, and relevant community members
* Working with intake coordinator on intake process for new clients; Working with direct care staff to enhance communication/cooperation between all parties and families
* Leading weekly team meetings, quarterly case conferences, and maintaining meeting minutes and follow-ups as necessary; Attending annual case conferences; Assisting with audits
* Training Direct Care Workers, as necessary
* Other duties as assigned
* A Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is required
* A minimum of one (1) year of relevant expe rience working with a similar population
* A current, valid clean Driver’s license is required for this role