The Jewish Board Social Worker in New York, New York
OVERVIEW: The Social Worker is responsible for supplying necessary clinical intervention within the realm of the program. Provide cultural competent and sensitive services. As part of a therapeutic team within the Agency, work closely with the divisions' medical, psychiatric and psychology staff, to ensure the appropriate treatment interventions for the client.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Coordinate all services for consumers, including day programs, medical care, transportation, summer camps, summer programs, recreational, and community inclusion (Person Centered Planning).
- Liaise between Department and consumers family members, and relevant community members. Provide family limited counseling.
- As Team Leader, lead quarterly case conference, and prepare minutes. Prepare integrative treatment plan, based on all assessments from the other professionals and Direct Care Workers.
- Lead weekly team meetings. Keep minutes of team meetings and ensure follow-up as necessary from meetings.
- Conduct quarterly school visits to insure proper placement, progress in program and coordination of goals.
- Attend annual case conference at day program or school.
- Train Direct Care Workers as necessary.
- Participate in audit preparation.
- Work with intake coordinator on intake process for new consumers.
- Work with Direct Care Workers to enhance communication and cooperation between them and consumer families.
- Complete paperwork in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) and LMSW/LCSW with a minimum of two- four years of relevant experience with similar population, Bilingual Spanish preferred.