Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer - AWS CLI in New York, New York
The AWS SDKs and Tools are the gateway to the 200+ AWS services, and the AWS CLI is uniquely placed as the flagship AWS command-line tool, used by developers and operations teams around the world. We build out in the open, are passionate about developer experience and client side tools, and are currently looking for a seasoned engineer to help us make this experience even better.
Our goal is to abstract away complexity for developers when using AWS. We provide secure, reliable, performant, and idiomatic API access to all AWS services for developers across 9 programming languages, the AWS CLI, and PowerShell. Our tools (Cloud Development Kit) enable customers to provision infrastructure as code in 5 programming languages. Our tools are open source and we take an active role to engage developer communities on GitHub, StackOverflow, social media, developer conferences, and through the AWS Developer Blog.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Interest in working directly with customers via a widely-used open source project
· Strong sense of ownership
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Professional experience in Python
· Experience with agile development methodologies
· Experience building applications on AWS
· Experience or interest in building command-line developer tools
· Experience or interest in working on a large-scale open-source project
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs