Amazon Corporate LLC Software Development Engineer I in New York, New York
1. THE HOME INNOVATIONS TEAM
HIT is a new group of seasoned engineers, product managers, designers and scientists DETERMINED to redefine how Amazon customers purchase products for their home. We believe that the objects we choose to surround ourselves with have a huge impact on our quality of life. Not only they must be useful, but they need to be beautiful, reflect our style, bring joy and make us proud. In addition, some of these products are also the largest purchases our customers make after their home and car, therefore we must provide them with the right information/experiences to help them make the right decisions and bring comfort in purchasing the products online.
2. THE CHALLENGES WE WILL TACKLE
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have. Our team will tackle some of the toughest problems in retail:
* Streamline the purchase experience for large items such as furniture to remove all stress in the process.
* Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and relevant products.
* Personalize customer experience to help them find useful products that match their preferences and styles.
* Provide expert advice and information that helps guide our customers through their decision making process.
* Allow customers to discover their personal style
* Improve the customer's search experience on the website by providing intelligent filter using user profile and life events.
3. THE TECHNOLOGY
In order to achieve our vision, we think big and tackle cutting edge technology problem. Where technology does not exist, we will built it. Such a wide reaching problem requires team members who are passionate and willing to learn:
* Image processing and augmented reality. Imagery and deep experiences are an important factor in our success. If you are passionate about this area, join us.
* Amazon scale systems. All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving hundreds of millions of customers with millisecond level latencies.
* Big data & analytics. Amazon is data driven and a strong data backbone is necessary in our systems. We build upon core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc. If you are interested in learning or gaining expertise, join us.
* Personalization and machine learning. All technologies will be used in experiences adapted to what customer need, want or prefer. We will be working with advanced machine learning technologies to tackle these problems.
* User interface & web development. We will create beautiful and dynamic frontend experiences that requires deep knowledge of relevant technologies such as AngularJS, JQuery, Horizonte, AUI, etc.
4. OUR CULTURE AND YOU
We are a tightly net group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, and bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
Your role will include:
* Writing solid code, making smart design decisions and building scalable software services.
* Work across Amazon to creatively leverage existing services and APIs for our product.
* Work with category leaders and product managers to build features used by millions of people every day, and be proud of it.
* Solve complex problems that have a large and direct impact to customers and high visibility.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.