Amazon Corporate LLC Software Development Engineer II in New York, New York
We have an exciting opportunity to shape and define the next generation of fraud prevention in the cloud. We are looking for a seasoned developer to design/build massive scale, distributed computing solutions utilizing RESTful web services, real-time event streaming for data processing, Machine Learning (SageMaker) and serverless (Lambda). Our broader team, AWS Fraud Prevention, is a centralized team within AWS that protects AWS services from fraud and abuse, and ensures the experience of legitimate AWS customers is not negatively impacted by a few bad actors.
You should be someone who wants to build massively scalable, robust software, and wants to see your software thrive in the face of traffic from huge cloud computing services. You will drive the team's direction and be encouraged to contribute towards our long-term vision and architecture.
The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience, as well as experience working on high availability production systems. Machine learning experience is plus but not a must: you will get opportunity to learn this as part of the role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
* 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
* BS, MS, or higher degree in computer science or a related discipline
* 3+ years of software development experience
* Fluency and experience in either Java or C#
* Excellent problem solving ability and detailed knowledge of object-oriented design and development
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age