Amazon Corporate LLC Software Development Manager in New York, New York
Amazon's Demand Forecasting group is looking for a seasoned and technical software development manager. We build the systems and algorithms that predict customer demand for all products sold on the Amazon platform--a key input to Amazon's entire supply chain. We are applying advanced statistics and machine learning techniques to improve forecast accuracy, while tackling cutting edge "big data" problems in storage and computation.
You will be responsible for leading a team of talented software developers in the design and development of systems that improve demand forecast accuracy. You will define the vision and technical roadmap, while satisfying scaleability, reliability and performance goals. You will own and drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment. You will participate in the overall planning, execution, and success of a complex cross-functional team, work closely with research and other development teams, actively participate in recruitment of candidates for technical positions and mentor junior technical staff.
Successful candidates will have an established track record delivery developing complex software systems, excellent people and project management skills, keen technical aptitude, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced environment.Basic Qualifications
* Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
* Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
* Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age