Amazon Corporate LLC Software Development Manager in New York, New York
Amazon Live is looking for a Software Development Manager to drive key strategic projects, iterate quickly, and build a successful business by identifying "what's working" and investing in it. You will be working to build an ecosystem where Amazon Live Creators can produce fun and engaging product videos for their viewers, as well as to create systems that optimize video effectiveness. You will lead an team of seasoned developers and work with a cross-functional organization that includes analytics, marketing, UX design and product management.
Our group was formed to leverage video as a medium to help drive product sales. This is a unique opportunity to build a product-focused streaming video program for brands that sell on Amazon, influencers that produce engaging content. We offer a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you'll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
The ideal candidate has deep experience driving the delivery of technically complex customer facing products that involve cross team priority alignment and collaboration. Successful candidates will be well organized leaders with a strong software development background who can prioritize well and communicate clearly at various levels. You are comfortable taking initiative and delivering in an unstructured environment. You have a passion for mentoring and developing strong technical talent.
* Lead a team of developers focusing on the Amazon Live Creator experience
* Own the technical vision and direction of the Amazon Live Creator App
* Build on a culture of technical excellence and delivery. Develop strong technical talent.
* Partner with key stakeholders to deliver and enhance a best in class interactive video shopping experience
* Drive goals, projects, products, and feature launches with teams both inside and outside of the Amazon Live team including: video ingestion and distribution, advertising, legal, marketing, and finance.
* Work cross-functionally with design, and product management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
* Ensure that business priorities, product roadmaps and IT capabilities (technology and resources) are aligned for the growth of the business
* Develop a thorough understanding of the live video market, continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
* 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
* 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
* Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Deep hands-on technical expertise in cloud based distributed software design and development, more so using AWS services
* Experience with C++, Java, or Java Script
* Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
* A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A passion for people management and mentoring
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age