Amazon Corporate LLC Software Development Manager in New York, New York
Amazon's Advertising Analytics and Insights (A&I) team within Amazon Advertising is looking for a motivated and experienced Software Development Manager to own and lead the engineering team, platform, and roadmap for messaging platform that is used by Amazon advertising to send targeted and actionable message to millions of users. The product has seen 900% growth in usage and impact in last 12 months and we are looking for seasoned engineering leader to lead the growth of this product and team.
This is a highly visible position with significant impact and growth. The software development manager, along with the product manager will be the single threaded owners of the vision, capabilities and success of the platform. You will be leading an established team of engineers in New York. You will hire software engineers, coach individuals, lead your team, and act as single-threaded owner of the products and platform that your team builds. You will own technical vision and direction, identify and mitigate risks, construct project schedules, communicate status, and embrace quantitative performance measures. You'll build and maintain strong relationships between engineering and partner disciplines (Other product teams, QA, and Business Teams) to ensure that we're delivering the right product for customers.
You are a customer-obsessed technical leader with sharp business acumen and a track record of building and growing engineering teams. You ship software and own the day-to-day maintenance and evolution of systems that serve the needs of our large and growing base of advertisers. We are looking for a leader who can thrive in a startup environment, thinks big, and can move fast. If you are passionate about creating the future, come join us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
* 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
* 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
* Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
* Proven experience in project management of complex deliverables with limited resources
* Experience in hiring and developing engineering talent
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Excellent interpersonal communication and strong verbal and written English skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.