Ross Stores, Inc. Sourcing Manager in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Sourcing Manager provides sourcing and operational expertise on all aspects of the Product Life Cycle from strategy to development to delivery. Reporting to Director/VP of Sourcing, this role is the liaison between the Agent/Vendor/Overseas office and the Merchant team that manages critical deliverables. The Manager will drive delivery of product that is in line with the brand aesthetic, quality and value that meets the Merchant objectives. The Manager will support education of merchants and as well training of Associate Sourcing Managers.
Who you are ...
- You have a bachelor's degree
- You have 5+ years sourcing experience, in Product Development/Sourcing/Merchandising within a large retail chain (Participation in a retail training program a plus)
- You have knowledge of the product development and production process as well as technical aspects of the product (e.g., Materials, machinery etc.)
- You have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You demonstrate proficiency in negotiating and influencing skills
- You are proficient in retail math
- You are a strong critical thinker with a solution focused approach; must be able to independently analyze information and make recommendations
- You must be comfortable with embracing change and adapting to shifting priorities in a multitask environment
- You are professional and effective written and verbal skill; experience communicating with international partners. Fluency in Bengali, Hindi, and/ or Mandarin Chinese a plus.
- You have strong PC/Microsoft Office skills, with an emphasis on share tools and Excel spreadsheet applications
- You must be able to travel domestically and internationally
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change