Jewish Community Center Sports Specialist, Camp Twelve Trails in New York, New York
At Camp Twelve Trails we are dedicated to universally shared values central to Jewish life. Our proactive integration of these values into everything we do supports children of all backgrounds and helps them grow into better people. Our warm, welcoming culture fosters a vibrant camp community where we all look out for each other and take care of the world around us. Staff are central to carrying out this vision by crafting programs that are in line with our educational outcomes, beliefs, and providing positive, enthusiastic energy every day. We expect staff above all to deliver the wow!
Activity Specialists develop and implement educationally-rich, experiential programming at camp. As the Sports Specialist we expect you to run informative, fun, and energetic programs for all ages in camp, in many different sports.
DUTIES PRE CAMP
- Help in developing scope and sequence for neighborhood curriculum, and personalize, scale and implement lesson plans.
- Participate in training and collaborative lesson planning.
- Produce and deliver lesson plans.
DUTIES DURING CAMP**
- Facilitate sports programming with campers, that teaches skills and builds character.
- Put together lesson plans that are age appropriate and engaging
- Assist in daily maintenance and clean-up.
- Advise the Neighborhood Coordinator on equipment and supply needs.
- Create and maintain learning environment for campers.
- Collaborate with other specialists and Neighborhood Coordinators.
- Participate and help plan camp-wide special events.
- Assist with post camp clean up and shut of down of all program spaces.
- Perform any other program or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
- Experience teaching multiple sports to youth
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with spaces and schedule
- Experience with curriculum development
- Experience with supervision of staff
- Excel at working collaboratively with others
- Sensitivity of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
Status:Full-time Seasonal, Mondays through Fridays, June 27 - August 16, including 40-45 hours of staff training in May and June
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm during the summer
To express interest in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to the Camp Director Adam Benmoise
Established in 1917 as one of the first Jewish community centers in New York City, the YM & YWHA of Washington Heights and Inwood (?the Y?) is a thriving and visionary not-for-profit human services organization in Northern Manhattan. We welcome people of diverse ethnicities and all ages, from pre-school to older adults, into the Y family with a wide range of educational, recreational and social services and programs that focus on improving the quality of their lives. With a long and distinguished history, the Y is a multi-service community center that is well known for its nurturing environment and non-judgmental philosophy. www.camptwelvetrails.org
Date Posted: 06/03/2019
Title: Sports Specialist, Camp Twelve Trails
JCC: YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
Location: New York, NY