Ross Stores, Inc. Sr Analyst, Business Information in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Senior Business Analyst, Business Information
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,900 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as seven state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2021 revenues of $18.9 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Senior Business Analyst for Business Information in the New York Buying Office will help to bridge the gap between the business teams and the technical teams who will provide solutions. The individual will be continuously involved in communications with stakeholders, other team members and developers as they create the solution to business reporting and data needs / gaps. The responsibilities will include driving the information-gathering sessions including interviewing, gathering requirements, and solution workshops. This individual will also be involved with negotiating the solution with the business and the technical team, mediating among the groups when disagreements take place, and influencing the results of decisions during the solution cycle. The individual in this role will also be presented with a business need or problem, have an opportunity to work with cross functional team members to arrive at a solution, and work with the technology team through the delivery of the solution back to the business community. Areas of focus include business requirements gathering and documentation, user support, change management, facilitate user acceptance testing, relationship management, and project management activities. Ensure that best practices are being adhered to by team members. Being able to connect the dots and develop a point of view is the key to success in this role.
- Elicit and document comprehensive business requirements for reporting and data analytics
- Develop a partnership acting as a liaison between technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and advise on business needs and/or problems
- Manage meetings, issue resolution, escalation, etc. for the project teams during the design and build phases of moderately complex projects
- Lead creation and review of all test-related deliverables including test approach, test scenarios, test cases/conditions, test scripts, and test results
- Facilitate user acceptance testing for moderately complex projects and obtain sign-off from the business
Subset Specific Functions:
- Drive the execution of the release and deployment plans with business stakeholders
- Support the team to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Analyze ambiguous and complex risks and recommend mitigations and improvement approaches
- Support the company's IT capabilities and services including new projects and system implementations
Who you are...
- You have a bachelor's degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- You have 5-8 years of experience in the Retail and/or IT field
- You have the ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinate activities of other associates
- You have the ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- You have excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization
- You have the ability to network with key contacts outside of own area of expertise
- You have strong problem-solving skills
- You have strong presentation and training skills
- You have business analysis experience with strong requirements gathering and documentation skills
- You have advanced application of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- You have working knowledge and hand-on experience with BI tools such as (MicroStrategy, Power BI)
- Solid level of working business and/or retail knowledge
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Certification is a plus
- SQL skills is a plus
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.