Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Analyst, Merchant Operations in New York, New York
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Senior Analyst, Merchant Operations
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity ....
The Sr. Analyst, Merch Ops will work closely with the Sr Manager, Merch Ops to transform data into critical information and knowledge. This data can be used to help Merchant Leadership understand how various events are working or impacting the business. Individual needs to have strong data management skills and ability to present findings in the form of reports, dashboards and other communications. The Sr. Analyst will need to be an innovator for data and analytics, explaining data-driven insights in a way that is easily understood. This individual will take pride in their craft and enjoy building informative, reliable reports and dashboards. This individual is excited about data's impact on the businesses, are curious and can hustle in a fast-paced environment. Through analyzing data, they will perform validation activities to assess whether "new concepts/ideas" are providing the expected benefits. In addition, the individual must be able to recommend ways to optimize existing reports to streamline and improve the analysis process. The individual needs to be skilled at communication, developing relationships and has strong technical/functional skills. The Sr. Analyst may represent the team in meetings with executives or key business partners. They will be able to independently work, managing deliverables and expectations.
- Develop reports and MS Excel templates to deliver information to business teams. Work includes enhancements to existing reports and building new tools to drive business analysis. Provide support and troubleshooting for all reports under this control area.
- Work independently to perform ad hoc data pulls and analysis to solve one-off data inquiries. This includes using existing reporting tools (RDW and PPS) as well as learning potentially new tools.
- Develop insights and analytics from data/reports. Details should be prepared in a concise summary easily understood by senior management. Identify and solve business problems using analytics and unstructured data.
- Identify opportunities to improve the end-to-end reporting process. Look for ways to improve the speed and quality that information is pulled and delivered.
Who you are...
- You have a BS in Data Science or Statistics
- You have 4-6 year of data analytics experience
- You have experience managing and analyzing large datasets in Microsoft Excel or other BI and/or data visualization tools
- You have a passion for analytics, working with data and deriving insights to answer business stakeholder questions and drive actions and decision-making
- You are organizationally and operationally savvy
- You think critically and strategically
- You are a relationship builder with internal teams and executives at senior levels
- You translate complex analytics/data sciences concepts in terms that are easily understood and accessible to Merchants at various levels of seniority and sophistication with material
- You have the ability to take initiative, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong detail orientation as this is essential in this role
- You are a Team player and self-starter
Perks and Benefits of joining our team....
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more....
* eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.