Bank of America Sr Architect- Real Time Communication Architect in New York, New York
Sr Architect- Real Time Communication Architect
New York, New York;Jersey City, New Jersey
Participates in the development and maintenance of a business and system architecture and conducts business information flow studies. Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals. Conducts system architecture studies of new and existing IT systems to permit development of integrated systems that operate at low cost levels. Recommends the appropriate computer platform, work stations and communication linkage required to support distributed and client server business processes and information flows. Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 7-10 years of systems experience.
The Chief Technology Organization:
Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Description:
• Interprets diverse business requirements into technical Real Time Communications solutions framework. • Provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. • Works across multiple vendors and internal partners to produce technically excellent solutions architecture that is aligned to business needs and direction. • Provide technical direction and frameworks to meet business needs. Provide expert consultation for major network initiatives or incidents. Produce and/or endorse network standards. • Provide advice and recommendations specific to customer requirements. • Evaluate emerging technologies against business and IT strategic needs. Serve as a key representative on network initiatives. Update standards and guidelines. • Review the feasibility of new and existing IT projects. Write technical and business documentation. Lead high level scoping and costing activities. Guide and influence team members and business colleagues. • Act as a team lead providing engineering experience in both critical situations and day-to-day operations. Responsibilities: • Responsible for technology roadmaps and architecture with Product Management and Business Unit plans, and ensuring engineering compliance • Create and maintain specific multiyear technology roadmaps aligned with business unit plans • Develop and maintain specific architecture blueprints and design standards (in an engineering repository) • Certify project teams’ compliance in accordance with the toll gate process entry and exit criteria • Develop testing strategy and technology certification plan • Responsible for tracking emerging technologies and conducting proof-of-concepts for those with applicability to BAC • Develop and maintain a technology radar based on primary and secondary research • Run innovation workshops and councils to identify potential business solutions • Establish and manage a technology laboratory for experimentation • Engage with Global Information Security, Compliance, and Legal to ensure proper controls • Conduct proof-of-concepts for selected solution ideas • Promote new ideas to business units in collaboration with Relationship Managers • Ownership of Architecture Design Reviews • Create High Level Designs • Represent RTC at various steering and toll gate committees • Present designs on behalf of RTC to various steering and toll gate committees • Participate in peer reviews for high and low level designs • Institute a governance council and process to enforce compliance and review/approve exception requests • Develop strong linkage with the Engineering teams to deliver standard designs and ensure compliance • Develop test plans for introduction or change in architecture design
• Establish, measure, maintain, and drive efficiencies within the A&E organization
• Audit processes, measuring design quality, and ensuring improvements are recognized
• Responsible for Testing Center of Excellence, RTC Global Design Committee process, and Technology showcase (Featuring Global Expo)
• Able to communicate to various organizational levels in the organization including senior management levels including presenting architecture solutions, roadmaps effectively to line of business partners and application development leaders.
• Engages in high severity production incidents and problem tickets in support of any RTC redesign requirements.
• Provides feedback to product teams as to the catalog of standard products, and business requirements for changes to the catalog.
Required Job Skills
• 7-10 Years of experience in networking industry.
• CCIE preferred.
• Experience in financial industry is beneficial.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated work experience in similar capacity as an architect for large enterprise network.
• Expertise in voice technologies and standards including but not limited to voice over IP protocols/RFCs (H.323/SIP), IP PBX, session management etc.
• Expertise in Cisco voice and video platforms, unified communication and collaboration technologies.
• Expertise in LAN/WAN technologies including but not limited wired/wireless LAN environments, data center networking, Intranet/extranet environments, as well as wide area networking technology such as IP/MPLS, SONET/SDH, DWDM technologies, IP Multicast (PIM, MBGP) and Quality of Service environment.
• Experience with networking products such as routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, proxies and WAN optimization products.
• Experience with cloud products and providers.
• Familiar with technology trends, examples include but not limited to software defined networking (SDN), BYOD, SIP session management etc.
• Knowledge of other vendors such as Avaya, Ribbon, Broadsoft, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent is a plus.
• Knowledge market data/exchange technologies.
Desired Job Skills:
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, including attention to detail, and ability to determine effective course of action as required
• Ability to thoroughly review, understand and interpret technology updates for applicability in the environment we support
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of customers and leadership
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond under pressure
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Manages People: No
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs