Amazon Corporate LLC Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, Amazon Advertising in New York, New York
The role may be based in New York or San Francisco.
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for large brands, small businesses, partners (agencies and advertising software companies) and publishers. Our ad solutions-including sponsored ads, display, video, audio, and custom ads-leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase sales, and more.
Amazon Advertising's Ad Marketing team is looking for a seasoned business intelligence engineer to join its ranks. In this role, you will be responsible for the BI infrastructure that supports the team, and truly be the backbone of our business. You will manage data flow among internal and external platforms, build scalable tools to monitor performance of our programs, and develop models for key attribution problems. The ideal candidate will have a track record of owning solving a complex business problem with BI tools from end to end. The role will require high judgement, a curious person willing to distill problem definitions and learn new things, and someone who is comfortable putting structure around ambiguous issues.
Data-driven decision-making is at the core of Amazon's culture, and people who are exceptionally talented at analyzing large sets of data to build insights are critical. You will work with fellow BI engineers, data scientists, and data engineers on developing models and analytical solutions that help us understand the impact of our work. You will also participate in conversations with product managers and software development managers to make tech and product decisions. If you are organized, self-driven, and capable of design own test scenarios and develop models, this is a great fit for you.
* Spearhead efforts in measuring marketing channel performance and ROI
* Build measurement framework to establish causal relationship between marketing inputs and advertiser behaviors
* Own and maintain the BI infrastructure that powers marketing programs and operations
* Design performant data solutions with external data sources
* Apply expertise in data mining and modeling leveraging multiple data sources to uncover unique insights and identify key performance drivers
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in BI role with a technology company.
* Advanced SQL knowledge for data mining and processing.
* Expert on data warehousing and data modeling.
* Experience with at least one programming language such as Python/R/SAS.
* Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, S3, RDS, and Redshift.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to prioritize autonomously, with a track record of delivering BI solutions under your own guidance.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.