Amazon Corporate LLC Sr. Creative Director, Amazon Fashion in New York, New York
Amazon Fashion is seeking a talented, hands-on, and self-directed Senior Creative Director to lead our growing in-house visual design and art direction team. In this role, you will lead the creative direction-from concepting through design and production to delivery-of content for all Fashion marketing programs and initiatives, including seasonal editorial, events, private brands, program marketing, and social marketing. You will have an opportunity to help shape the vision for how Amazon innovates and elevates the presentation of apparel, footwear, and accessories across customer touchpoints and then apply that vision to the design and implementation of creative strategies for high-visibility and high-impact Amazon Fashion programs and related Softlines category initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned creative director with a strong visual design and art direction background who has a passion for and knowledge of contemporary fashion retail. They should have extensive experience overseeing the messaging and visual identity of numerous, complex marketing and merchandising projects for top consumer-facing brands. They should have a keenly developed aesthetic sensibility and understanding of current design, technology, media, and other cultural trends in order to craft content that resonates with customers. They should think across programs and placements, mastering the idiosyncrasies of each, to solve for business, customer, and stakeholder requirements. Not only will they have strong creative skills, they can provide feedback and guidance to a wide array of creatives-from designers and art directors to copywriters and producers-while continuously finding opportunities to optimize processes. They should have the ability to communicate a clear vision that engages and inspires internal teams, resulting in creative that is unique, beautiful, and effective in doing the same for customers.
* Lead strategic and complex design projects that present multidisciplinary challenges and span across multiple teams
* Manage internal and external creative resources to ensure work achieves project goals, meets the highest quality standards, and is delivered on time and within budget
* Provide both high-level direction and hands-on management to varying levels of creatives across a wide range of e-commerce and retail marketing work
* Be a key voice in defining the evolving Amazon Fashion brand and its application through art direction, graphic design, motion design, social design, and UI
* Present concepts and produced work to stakeholders and internal customers, including senior management, in person and via video/phone
* Effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners across UX and central marketing teams to implement scalable processes for extending the Fashion brand identity across all customer touchpoints
* Establish mechanisms and audit work to maintain consistent brand standards across customer-facing Fashion CX and marketing programs
* Scope projects and forecast resourcing needs with key stakeholders to prioritize and maximize resources, communicating needs and trade-offs when appropriate
* Identify opportunities to incorporate emerging marketing/branding trends and digital innovations into creative and marketing strategies
* Proactively work to solve problems on behalf of the team and seek out or provide clarification when there is ambiguity
* Mentor and develop in-house creative talent through design reviews, individual coaching, and ongoing learning opportunities
**We are open to hiring this role in either Seattle or NYC.
* An accessible online portfolio listed on your resume that demonstrates creative work that unifies strategy and execution across a range of channels, aesthetics, and project budgets
* 10+ years of experience in creative roles at a creative agency, editorial publication, retailer, and/or consumer brand
* 5+ years of experience leading interdisciplinary teams through strategy and execution
* Understanding of UI, typography, and image standards for web
* Understanding of digital content production, including familiarity with post-production retouching and editing
* Fluency with contemporary social media platforms, technologies, and trends
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.