Fidelity Information Services Sr. Financial Analyst in New York, New York
Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired : Bachelor's Degree
Travel Percentage : 0%
As FIS grows, our need for a skilled and seasoned finance team grows. Being a player in the payments processing industry requires a savvy team of experts who can easily navigate the often complex and sophisticated world of rules and regulations associated with running a large business. By ensuring our finances are clear and compliant, we can monitor and measure our successes and discover new areas for growth.
What you will be doing
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be supporting the COO consolidations. You will have technical analysis of the current financial climate and trends in financial performance into reports and recommendations for how the business operates. By gathering, analyzing, preparing and summarizing recommendations based on financial analysis, he/she will be critical in advisement of business moves such as acquisitions, operational forecasting and other financial plans. FIS's growth is contingent on finding new avenues to stretch; being well-informed on the financial environment allows us to measure the risk and move forward.
* Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control.
* Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
* Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
* Performs economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
* Having wide-range experience, he/she uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
* Ability to draw on past experience and current data to influence business partners and provide insightful analytics.
* Ability to challenge conclusions and impact business outcomes.
* Extensive knowledge of planning and forecasting with ability to work independently to identify initiatives and recommend actions to business and finance overall.
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
* Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Ability to produce strategic analysis to proactively identify issues and provide potential actions.
* Ability to influence outcomes and business partner decisions (viewed as trusted business advisor) with extensive subject matter expertise.
* Works in larger cross-functional teams with ability to influence senior leaders in Finance and Business.
What you bring
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field.
* 4+ years of financial analysis work experience
* relevant experience in planning & forecasting/budgeting required.
* Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards
* Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
* Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met
* Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
Added bonus if you have
* Experience with PowerBI, Tableau or Alteryx preferred
What we offer you
* A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
* A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
* The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
* Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.