Coach Inc Sr. Manager, Merchandising - Women's Outlet Bags in New York, New York
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Global Merchandising
Primary Purpose: The Senior Merchandising Manager will be responsible for driving the strategy and product assortment for Women s Outlet Bags. The Senior Manager will play a key role in partnering with Design, PD, Global Planning and the Business Units to develop and implement strategies to maximize sales and profitability, while aligning to the brand vision. The Senior Manager will be responsible for developing junior members on the team and ensuring that key deliverables are met. Reports to Director, Merchandising.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Merchandising to...
Product and Business Strategy
* Develop quarterly product strategies that support key global business needs and align with brand strategy
* Partner and effectively build relationships with Global Merchandise Planning (GMP) and Business Unit Buyers to effectively drive business
* Own pricing of product using deep understanding of competitive landscape and customer knowledge
* Partner with Design & PD to communicate costing needs and maintain dept. margin
* Build and develop balanced assortment to meet brand & financial objectives
* Partner with Global Merchandise Planning (GMP) to set financial targets each season
* Analyze current business to identify opportunity and risks in future assortments
* Manage presentation documents & tools each season to communicate assortment strategy
Market Analysis & Reporting
* Research competition to understand the global markets and make recommendations to drive business growth
* Seek out new ways to enhance and evolve the in-store retail experience through Visual Merchandising, Signage, and Marketing
* Present sales analysis & seasonal hindsights to merchandising leadership and cross-functional teams, highlighting key takeaways and future actions plans
Organization and Team
* Manage team to meet key deliverables
* Successfully support growth and development of direct report
* Create individual development plan consistent with team goals
* Establish relationships with key global business unit partners & cross-functional teams
* Create partnerships with key global merchandising peers
The accomplished individual will possess...
* Excellent product sensibility
* Ability to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for business
* Strong managerial skills
* Strong analytical, presentation and problem solving skills
* Strong financial acumen and understanding of what is needed to drive a business
* Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in partnering with a cross functional team
* Capability to adapt to changes and challenges with a positive outlook
An outstanding professional will have...
* BA or BS degree with 6-8 years of experience in a Merchandising or Buying capacity in a related business or brand. Prior experience in Bags/Leathergoods is a plus as well as prior experience in a Global role.
* Strong analytical skills and comprehensive understanding of Retail Math
* Demonstrated knowledge of the Product Development and Production processes
* Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn t upset when things are up in the air; doesn t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team. * Managerial Courage: Doesn t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant s or employee s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Employer's Job# 597475700
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.