City Harvest Sr. Manager, Prospect Management & Analytics in New York, New York
City Harvest isNew York's first and largest food rescue organization, helping to feed millions of New Yorkers who struggle to put meals on their tables. This year, we will rescue 144 million pounds of fresh, nutritious food and deliver it free of charge to more than 400 food pantries, soup kitchens, community partners, and our own mobile markets across the five boroughs. We work alongside our community partners to boost community capacity, expand nutrition education, and strengthen local food systems. For more than 35 years, City Harvest has always been there to feed our city-one day, one meal, one New Yorker at a time. To learn more, please visitcityharvest.org.
As a member of the External Relations Operations (ERO) Team, the Senior Manager, Prospect Management & Analytics will be responsible for conceptualizing, planning, and oversight of prospect management and data analytics for the department. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to, prospect identification and research, data analytics, donor stewardship, moves management, portfolio maintenance, and reporting. The utilization of Blackbaud fundraising software platforms will be heavily used to manage responsibilities within the team. The Senior Manager will support the efforts of City Harvest’s frontline fundraising team and will have a significant impact on the achievement of fundraising goals. This role will also supervise the Prospect Researcher and External Relations Operations Coordinator positions within ERO.
- Create annual metrics, reports, and KPI dashboards for the External Relations Team, including but not limited to revenue, fundraising trends, Individual, Foundation, and Corporate Giving, ROI, and fundraising trends; train staff on how to use dashboards.
- Create and implement processes to support stewardship, moves management, and relationship manager portfolio strategy.
- Oversight/management of Prospect Research and External Relations Operations staff persons
- Extract various data sets and prepare standard and recurring reports for the external relations team, such as the upgrade/downgrade giving society reports, give/get reports for the Board, Generation Harvest, and other City Harvest giving circles.
- Working closely with ERO and various departmental teams to ensure that portfolio management and donor stewardship strategies are in alignment with database operational structure.
Education-Bachelor’s Degree preferred, plus additional related college courses, professional training, or progressively responsible work experience within a profession.
Experience: 2-4 years’ experience Progressively responsible work experience within a profession.Previous experience and knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge database are preferred. Working knowledge ofdata visualization and analytics tools (i.e., Power BI, Tableau, or similar)
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional, fast-moving, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve goals.
- Ability to organize and interpret complex data sets and utilize analytic techniques and platforms.
- Ability to identify multi-variables needed to optimize engagement and predictive indices.
- Experience in working strategically with multiple fundraising teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation capabilities.
- Experience presetting data to the leadership team for decision-making purposes
- Strong desire to succeed and an excellent work ethic.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using data visualization and analytics tools (i.e. Power BI, Tableau or similar).
- Resourceful, imaginative, creative, and a great problem solver.
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Conceptual knowledge of fundraising lifecycle; moves management process.
- Superb attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with Blackbaud fundraising software, including Raiser’s Edge, RE NXT, Luminate a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Suite, including SharePoint a plus.
There are many fantastic reasons to choose a career with City Harvest. In addition to fighting food insecurity in New York, City Harvest offers a competitive salary, full benefits (including medical, dental, and vision) with employer contributions towards premiums, employer-provided life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with matching employer contributions. We also offer discounted staff perks (movie tickets, gym memberships, cellular plans, etc.), generous time off, and professional development opportunities.
City Harvest’s warehouse and distribution will be located out of Long Island City / Sunnyside, Queens starting in April 2021. City Harvest will be moving all our operations to Sunset Park, Brooklyn, starting in Summer 2021.
At City Harvest, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. City Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Prospect Management & Analytics
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Date Posted: 04/12/2021
Requisition ID: 1381