Amazon Web Services Sr Manager, Sales Strategy & Operations in New York, New York
Amazon Web Services, Inc. ("AWS") is looking for a Senior Sales Strategy & Operations Manager to manage all aspects of the Worldwide Financial Services Field Operations activity to deliver timely and accurate business insights, decision-support, strategic project / program management and own core sales operations and annual planning processes. This is a highly-visible role and the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels across Sales, Marketing, Solution Architecture, Business Development, Professional Services, Legal, Finance and other Operations teams. This person will partner with the head of the Financial Services Industry organization to define and develop the strategy to achieve business goals, while establishing a structured and disciplined management framework, holding all cross-functional leaders accountable for their ongoing inputs and delivering results. They will own all periodic business reviews and the overall assessment of business performance, and where necessary, drive ownership of corrective actions to ensure organizational goals are exceeded.
The successful candidate must be a strong people leader, and will draw upon solid analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to effectively manage the WW Financial Services operational cadence. The candidate must be able to roll-up his/her sleeves, and work directly with the models/data, be detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. They will influence the continuous improvement of forecast models, segmentation frameworks, sales incentives, marketing initiatives, business intelligence / reporting tools and other field activities to enable operational goals. They will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for their customers to other internal parties. They will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex strategies or analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Join a high-performing, geographically dispersed team of Sales and Business Development Managers to enable critical insight and operational excellence across the Financial Services Industry organization. Ensure the field teams have clarity of purpose and ownership.
· Partner with the VP of Sales for Financial Services Industry and their leadership team in defining the operating plan / business strategy and hold cross-functional leaders to delivering results.
· Establish and manage the operational cadence including sales pipeline reviews, forecast reviews, monthly and quarterly business reviews and annual planning cycles.
· Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions across Financial Services accounts.
· Support initiatives across the Operations group and be an active participant on this team
· Working with Financial Services Industry leadership on annual goals, budgeting and ongoing forecasting processes.
· Support the modeling and development of recommendations for global coverage models and the operational framework that supports them.
· Maintain thorough knowledge of existing and emerging 3rd party data sources as needed for Analytics.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field.
· Significant experience in a senior leadership role in Sales Operations, Sales Strategy, Management Consulting, Finance, Business Development, or other related fields.
· A seasoned team leader / people manager, with the ability to hire market-leading talent, develop, motivate and provide direction to a high-performing team.
· Proven experience with the development and implementation of systems/tool utilized for CRM, variable incentive compensation, revenue reporting, forecasting, sales tooling, automation, etc.
· Strong business process design experience.
· Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
· MBA or other relevant advanced degree.
· Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
· Ability to operate in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management.
· Strong business-process design experience.
· Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others is critical, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs