Marsh & McLennan Cos
Sr Managing Consultant - Specialty Lines, Risk Consulting (Data Analytics, CAS Actuaries) in
New York, New York
Marsh is seeking a seasoned, professional, individual contributor in Marsh's Risk Consulting Specialty Lines practice Sr Managing Consultant. This is a nationwide team with flexibility to work in New York City or Chicago, IL.
What can you expect?
Support Marsh JLT Specialty efforts to build and run risk models for each of our specialty lines of business.
- Provide actuarial loss forecasts & collateral analyses for existing clients and prospects
- Client interaction. Be able to work with clients to obtain information and explain output
- Partner with Marsh JLT Specialty sales and client service - both brokerage and consulting - through results presentation, methodology explanation, and recommendations
- Develop strategy on implementing new, market-leading analytics-based tools to assess and mitigate risk.
What's in it for you?
- Ability to autonomously manage projects/processes.
- Directly engage with clients to support findings and solutions.
- Opportunity to coach and review the work of junior and mid level professionals.
- Competitive pay, continuing education reimbursement, generous benefits and 401k matching and contribution plan.
- Five weeks of PTO and two weeks of sick time along with one volunteer day per year.
What you need to have?
- 7+ years of related professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science with coursework in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Familiarity with casualty actuarial methods, demonstrated either through coursework, progress on actuarial exams or prior work experience (ACAS preferred but not required)
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel (including VBA), R or Python statistical programming languages, and/or SAS
- Strong project management skills - ability to identify, collect, and organize data needed for all projects, and ability to coordinate with brokers, account teams, and other teams in the Analytics and Consulting Practice
- Strong presentation skills - ability to translate results of data analysis into easy-to-understand recommendations for client risk decision-making, and ability to produce oral presentations and written reports in a concise and detailed manner
What makes you stand out?
- Expert statistical modeling knowledge
- Superior detail orientation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with building risk models - examples include traditional property and casualty risk modeling, financial or commodity modeling, and non-traditional enterprise risk modeling
Knowledge of commercial insurance programs - including mainstream property and casualty but also specialty insurance (examples include Directors' and Officers', Cyber, and Errors and Omissions)
Locations: New York, NY or Chicago, IL
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers