Amazon Corporate LLC Sr. Product Marketing Manager, AWS Databases in New York, New York
Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand how data and cloud services can make a big difference to their businesses? Do you have a knack for creating high-quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? Are you one of those rare technologists that are as comfortable working with an engineering team as you are talking with a journalist?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost IT infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. These businesses range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Marketing Manager for our database migrations business. Through this new role, you will have the opportunity to craft the marketing strategy and help grow our database business by helping customers migrate their databases to our fully managed database services. You will be responsible for defining the customer journey and positioning and messaging to customers, creating the most compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. You will help customers determine which database is right for their application or organization. You will also work with engineering and product management teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features. You'll get to work on a growing business and have a significant impact every day.
At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be technical and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Here are some essential qualities we are looking for:
* Enjoy communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our database services can help take their applications to the next level.
* Have an unbridled passion for technology. We are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers.
* Earn trust and build relationships. You possess a strong work ethic and have a track record of earning trust and building relationships across the organization to get things done.
* Strong writing skills. You have a passion for writing in a clear and crisp manner and can develop high-quality marketing messages.
* Data-driven. You have a data-driven mindset, track to KPIs, and can course-correct based on what's working and what's not.
Prefer to have this person in Seattle, WA, but open to additional cities:
Palo Alto, CA or NYC.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Drive awareness, adoption and perception of AWS database migrations and our managed database services.
* Establish our short- and long-term strategy for accelerating adoption of the portfolio of databases on AWS
* Own the development of value propositions, core content, and marketing for our database migrations business.
* Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides, etc.)
* Build and maintain strong relationships with product management and engineering teams and work with them to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
* Engage with Press/Journalists/Industry Analysts as appropriate
* Identify and execute on breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audiences effectively
* Own website, email, and social media content
* Work effectively across AWS with groups including sales, business development, and evangelists to achieve business goals
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in fields such as technical marketing, technical pre-sales, management consulting, or product management
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science
* 5+ years experience developing marketing assets (product videos, web content, advertisements, etc.)
* Demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and messaging.
* MBA with computer science, engineering, or technology background
* 10+ years of overall professional experience
* Experience aligning marketing initiatives to business goals
* Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
* Ability to work independently and autonomously
* Superior oral and written communication skills
* Experience driving field enablement, and event planning and execution
* Experience presenting to senior leadership to drive consensus and articulating program recommendations and tradeoffs
* Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
* Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age