Guidehouse State & Local Government - Managing Consultant in New York, New York
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
The State and Local Government practice provides individuals the opportunity to serve clients in the areas of: business design, organizational strategy, market analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, process improvement, change management, compliance monitoring, and program management. The application of this skill set within state and local governments is delivering compelling, high impact solutions to our clients' toughest business and technology problems. We translate strategy into action.
· Minimum Years of Experience: 6-10 years with 5 years at minimum in Mgmt Consulting and at least 3 of those years with State and Local Government
· Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Ability to travel within the state of NY and at times outside the state.
· 6-10 years of Management Consulting experience driving work product strategy, design, quality control and delivery; owning client relationships and addressing needs; and leading teams and providing coaching and feedback for development
· Has successfully managed teams of 3 – 6 resources on a variety of client engagements; managed staffing structure and changes as needed so that the team has the capability, competence and time to perform the engagement/project in accordance with high quality standards; supports the rapid assimilation of team members to engagements
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success with key facets of state and local government, including the following:
· Sub-verticals to include education, housing, transportation, and/or Administration;
· Functional areas to include strategic sourcing, shared services, economic development, sustainability, performance management, disaster recovery and/or customer contact centers; and,
· Core management consulting skills such as project management, financial modeling, operational modeling, and stakeholder management.
Defines and manages project, e.g., resource requirements and project workflow, etc., to meet engagement/ project objectives and budget, and demonstrates knowledge of risk management
Ability to think strategically to deliver customized and innovative solutions to the client
Ability to deliver high-quality work products under tight time constraints
Experience successfully demonstrating flexibility with changing customer requirements, needs and operating environments
Proven experience developing professional rapport with clients and has been recognized and respected by client as knowledgeable, valued professional
Strong communication skills that demonstrate an ability to:
· Communicate a value proposition; issue, action, impact.
· Modify content and delivery of communications depending on audience (including preparing complex written documents and presentation in clear and concise manner)
· Interact effectively with target audience to build consensus or agreement on difficult issues, e.g., proposed changes in operating procedures or culture
· Effectively listen, using paraphrasing and other techniques that contribute to deeper understanding
· Speak to leadership groups with ease, conveying a strong presence
Strong familiarity with the government acquisition process and business development practices within consulting (identified and tracked proposed RFPs, led proposals, cultivated new work with existing clients)
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Guidehouse Jobs