Salesforce.com Strategic Solution Engineer - Small Market Business in New York, New York
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
WHAT IS A SOLUTION ENGINEER?
Also known as a " Pre -Sales Engineer" or "Sales Consultant," the Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting product offerings and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in the company s technology infrastructure, and to remove all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong ability to leverage their technical and sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
THE PURPOSE FOR A STRAT SE IN SMALL MARKET BUSINESS (SMB)
This role is necessary because the nature of SMB is to bring in and develop (i.e mint ) Solutions Engineers. While we hire individuals with strong technical, communication and business skills, more often than not, this is their first Solution Engineering role ever. By being a springboard for our incoming Solution Engineers and producing the future Solution Engineers of Mid-Commercial, General Business and Enterprise, it also understandably adds risk to our most strategic account development and opportunities. This strategic Solution Engineer role allows us to both cover the business gap by aligning a seasoned Solutions professional to drive and/or supervise key accounts and deals across the region and provides us a leader who s secondary focus will be to help up-level the skills of everyone on our team with the traditional SMB skills profile to improve our coverage and close rates across the business.
AS A STRATEGIC SOLUTIONS ENGINEER FOR SMB, WE ARE LOOKING FOR A EXPERIENCED AND SKILLED SE WHO CAN:
* Work closely with both solutions and senior sales leadership (2nd and 3rd line) to develop and execute strategic growth plans, aligned with our vision for achieving our FY 20 financial plan across the region
* As a part of the strategic growth plans, build out specific territory plans with each VP and subsequent Account Plans with the aligned VP, RM and AE for all identified Key Top/Best in the West Accounts. These plans would align the appropriate plays, resources and strategies across core, co-prime and specialists teams.
* Additional responsibilities as part of territory planning would include establishing benchmarks regarding overall SE knowledge/skill level in growth areas for our segment (beyond the core SMB SE responsibilities), region specific SE initiatives for top accounts (Heroes, architecture reviews, and beyond), top account whitespacing, and establishing a plan for regional SE-led or SE-supported technical sessions (Hands on Workshops, Circles of Success, Release Parties, Bring Your Own Challenge Workshops and/or anything that brings the Salesforce customer community together for relevant growth topics, e.g. HVS, Einstein, Tableau, etc.)
* Drive digital transformations across our most important Top/Best in the West Accounts in the region by incorporating everything from traditions SE-led Value-Driver Programs and Plays (e.g. CEME, Architecture Reviews, V2MOM, Process Mapping) as well as facilitating and/or supporting plays led by other teams (e.g. Hero Workshops, Ignite, BVS engagement, Demo Engineering Support, CSG engagement, etc), as well as creatively developing/outlining new methods for supporting our customers and growing our SMB West business.
* Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Salesforce product portfolio and how it can apply to our most important Top/Best in the West Accounts from a multi-cloud perspective
* Use personal credibility & rapport building to get the sponsorship of the CIO/VP of IT s office and remove roadblocks when positioning the full power of the Customer Success Platform.
* Reduce sales cycles of large, all-in transformations driving the full Salesforce portfolio.
* Evangelize the multi-cloud capabilities of Salesforce for transforming our Top/Best in the West Accounts through product, skills and best practice quarterly enablement targeting SMB Account Executives and other Solutions Engineers on the team
* Support and drive the goal of growing Top/Best in the West accounts by 50% YoY
* Partner with senior sales leadership (each VP) and Solutions Leadership to build out Territory Plans for each VP s patch, and subsequent Account Plans to drive successful engagement for the most important Top/Best in the West Accounts in each patch.
* Partner with senior sales leadership to identify and solution at least one $1m ACV account per VP
* Target 50% engagement as Lead Solutions Engineer on all $100k+ ACV opportunities (14 opptys in FY20)
* Lead Quarterly Enablement for SMB Account Executives and SEs on product, skills and best practices for transforming Top/Best in the West Accounts
PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE
The Strategic SE in SMB is a highly experienced professional with an outstanding track record demonstrating:
* A growth mindset;
* Large and complex account engagement, leaning on a broad, potentially remote team;
* Proven ability to develop and foster professional business relationships at Senior Leadership Team levels in customer organizations;
* An exceptional communicator with the proven ability to present their ideas and content successfully at senior levels;
* Demonstrated personal integrity, trust and proven professionalism;
* Strong collaboration and leadership with team members;
* A leading evangelist in educating and inspiring our Customers by supporting and staffing Salesforce Marketing events
* The ability to understand the customer's needs, and establish Salesforce's product as the best solution that solves the customer's challenges
* Build and present complex customized demos of Salesforce products
* Convey deep understanding of the customer's technology as it pertains to Salesforce's solutions
* Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural trainings and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
* Ability to travel based on regional account and territory target needs
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database and web technology
- Solid oral, written, presentation, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team leader across multiple resources to solve technical problems for Top Accounts
- Salesforce Certifications
- Previous experience as a solution/sales engineer for a CRM company or similar technology
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies
ACCOMMODATIONS - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited
Employer's Job# JR74765-New York
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.