Thornton Tomasetti Structural Engineer Intern (Summer 2023) - Forensics in New York, New York
**Thornton Tomasetti** provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Our **Forensic** practice investigate problems in the built environment and provide evidence-based solutions founded on rigorous science and physics. We assist attorneys, property managers, building owners, contractors, manufacturers and design professionals with a wide range of engineering and architectural issues.
We have an opportunity for an Structural Engineer Intern for our Forensics Practice.
While project work can vary greatly from day to day, typical tasks may include the following:
- On-site inspections and investigations including surveying and documenting observations, photographing, and sketching.
- Assist in preparing field notes
- Assist engineering team in preparing technical and investigative reports to support forensics findings and prepare materials related to presentations.
- Assist engineering team in structural analysis and repair rehabilitation design of concrete, steel, timber, masonry, and other structural systems.
- Review and research applicable building codes, and other applicable industry standards.
- Assist the engineering team in preparation of drawings and specifications, and construction administration services.
Students should be familiar and comfortable with Microsoft Suite programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and CAD programs (i.e. AutoCAD). Familiarity with any of the following programs is a plus, but is not required: Revit, Bluebeam, and SAP2000.
The rate for this position generally ranges between$18-$25hourly.This range is a good faith estimate provided pursuant to the New York Pay Transparency Law. It is based on what a successful New York applicant might be paid and assumes that the successful candidate will be in New York or perform the position from New York. Similar positions located outside of New York will not necessarily receive the same compensation.Actual pay rates may vary from the range, as permitted byNew YorkEqual Pay Transparency Law. Compensation offers will be based on various factors, including operational needs, individual education, qualifications and experience, work location and comparison to employee already in the role, as well as other considerations permitted by law. A potential new employee's pay history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Depending on your employment status, benefits may include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability and other voluntary benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Childcare
- Paid Time Off, Family Leave for New Parents, Volunteer Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Transit (where available)
- 401k retirement savings with Company matching on employee contributions and/or qualified student loan repayments
- Fitness Reimbursement
- And other various wellness, diversity/inclusion and employee resource programs and initiatives
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
**(US Locations Only)** In our culture of collaboration and innovation, we find we do our best work when we are together while minimizing the risks of COVID-19. For new hires at Thornton Tomasetti, we require COVID-19 vaccination to the extent allowed by access and permitted by government jurisdiction in your area and barring any religious or medically approved exemption.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.