Dow Jones & Co. Summer 2021 Barron's Group Video/Audio Internship in NEW YORK, New York
Dow Jones & Co.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to
the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in
an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide
news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The
Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch
and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy,
depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a
solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow
Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology,
advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research,
award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to
bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where
they need it, every day.
**If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please
go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs -
Dow Jones." Thank you.**
**Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy**
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected
veteran status, or disability status. **EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.**
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for
qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or
interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing
your application, due to a disability, email us at
Please put “Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
We're looking for a creative and entrepreneurial intern to join our
video and audio production team. You're a smart, self-starter. You will
work closely with editors, video and audio producers to help create
content for MarketWatch, Barron's, and Mansion Global.
**What you'll do**:
- Edit down interviews and assist on shoots.
- Help research stories and co-ordinate production logistics and
schedule interviews for video and audio stories.
- Organize footage and handle other administrative duties.
- Assist with creatively repackaging video and audio content for
social media platforms.
- Help the podcast team on research, fact-checking, finding contextual
audio materials (e.g., news clippings) and transcriptions.
**What you'll bring**:
- A working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- The ability to ask questions and work independently
**Bonus points for**:
- Knowledge Illustrator
- Knowledge of Audition or Pro Tools
- Knowledge of Canon or Sony cameras and ability to shoot awesome
video with a smartphone
- Exceptional writing skills
- Experience and/or interest in building social media strategy
- An interest in business, finance and all the ways money makes the
world go round.
**To apply**: Email links to examples of your work and a resume to
BG - OFFICE