GUARDIAN Summer 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Associate Internship in New York, New York
**Our 2022 Internship Program is a paid 10-week learning experience where you will be immersed in the daily environment of a thriving Fortune 250 global financial services company.**
You will gain invaluable industry and organizational knowledge through daily business interactions and job assignments, in addition to engaging in projects that directly affect our business, interact with senior leaders in conversational settings, and network with employees and interns across our regional offices.
**Do you want to be part of a collaborative diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) team?**
We are looking for a creative and highly empathetic people person who feels energize in the fostering of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and culture! We are a value driven company where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is held at our core. If our values of "People Count, " "We Do the Right Thing, " and "We Hold Ourselves to Very High Standards" resonate with you, come join the Guardian team.
A quick learner who enjoys partnership and collaborative work while also able to work independently and use sound judgment.
- Interest in developing and expanding knowledge and understanding, and ultimately in building a career in the Inclusion & Diversity space.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to balance and prioritize workload under deadlines and multiple commitments.
- Possess high energy, autonomous, resourceful, collaborative and an engaging contributor. Enjoy partnering cross functionally with all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a knack for simplifying complex concepts and telling the greater story.
- Support the inclusion & diversity (I& D) team in planning, coordinating, monitoring and/or reporting on I& D activities, with a focus on culture and engagement of agency leaders and financial representatives.
- Conduct research, create reports on program efforts, and conceptualize new ideas on:
- Diverse markets penetration
- Diverse candidates for field representatives' position
- Partnering with corporate communication/marketing on social media strategy to promote I& D programs and initiatives for recruiting, branding, and client acquisition.
Open to remote hire
Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
At Guardian, you'll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals.
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
Every day, Guardian provides Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we're a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability, dental, and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of 9, 500 employees and our network of over 2, 700 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2018 included $8.5 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit guardianlife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
**Equal Employment Opportunity:**
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity