Danaher Corporation Summer Intern Software Engineering - Life Sciences in New York, New York
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences’ mission is to empower those seeking answers to life’s most important scientific and healthcare questions. With a legacy spanning 80+ years, we have long been a trusted partner to our customers, who are working to transform science and healthcare with the next groundbreaking discovery. As part of our team of more than 2,900 associates across 130 countries, you’ll help drive our vision of accelerating answers—and our commitment to excellence.
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
As an Intern Software Engineer, you will work with a team of software engineers who are developing a new robotic medical device. You will work closely with these engineers to develop unit tests to ensure that a section of code (known as the "unit") meets its desi requirements and behaves as intended. The unit test project is a new project, so you will be starting from the ground up under the guidance of the R&D software team. These tests will be used by the software developers as part of smoke testing and developer testing, and to reveal existing or new issues with the code base. This will helps prevent breakage from code changes and improve product quality.
You will receive job-related training and general instructions on new assignments.
Design and develop unit tests that execute production code using innovative and effective designs that assure appropriate test coverage
Collaborate with software team to develop appropriate test procedures and determine root causes for failures
Knowledge of modern software programming concepts
Strong programming skills using one or more programming languages, one of which must be C#
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Fast learner with a strong desire to learn
Able to work well both as a team member and independently under guidance
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent
The following additional qualifications are a plus:
Additional experience with reflection, dependency injection and/or entity relationships
Familiarity with xUnit test or other unit testing methodologies
Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• The hourly rate or salary range for this role is $20/hr . This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
• This job is not eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
• We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
• You can apply for this role through the Careers Page at https://jobs.danaher.com/global/en/ (or through the Workday “Find Jobs” function if you are a current employee)
• Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System (https://www.danaher.com/how-we-work/danaher-business-system) tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
- Danaher Corporation Jobs